How to get from Newark Airport to Brooklyn?

purrcycat

We are flying into Newark the night before our cruise and would like to know the best/easiest alternative to get to our hotel in Brooklyn. I have read that cabs from New Jersey do not like to (or can't?) travel into New York, but I am not sure this is accurate. I am thinking I might have to hire a car service.

Can someone offer advice please? Thank you.

Car Service.

Where are you staying in Brooklyn? One strategy we suggest is that folks book the Hampton Inn or Hilton Gardens on Staten Island because they have a Newark Airport shuttle. Then you book a car service (Village) from Staten Island to the Brooklyn Cruiseport - $44 + $13 toll + $8 tip = $65. These hotels are in a very nice suburbanlike corporate park setting about 20 minutes from the port.

It really depends on what time you will arrive. If you are arriving late and don't have plans to go to Manhattan, then staying in downtown Brooklyn doesn't offer many advantages. You will pay extra to get there and then have to pay a taxi back to the port. If you do decide to stay in Brooklyn, then check out Black Executive Cars or Dial7 for a car service.

Archived