Crown Princess - Riviera Deck Cabin Question

BearatoneSEA

Princess has upgraded us on the August 28th Transatlantic Cruise to a category BB cabin on the Riviera Deck on the Crown Princess. R625 to be exact.

My only concern is that the cabin is immediately below the pool area/Horizon Court Buffet.

If anyone has stayed in a similarly located cabin, can you please tell me a) if there was more noise from above due to the public nature of the Lido Deck and b) if the views off the balcony were obstructed because of the extra deck width of the Lido Deck.

We've been on the Crown Princess before, but it was in a balcony cabin on the Baja Deck.

Thanks!

We were on the Emerald Princess which I think is the same layout. We were on the Rivera Deck 618 and we did have some noise during the night that sounded like chairs scrapping or being moved. It was somewhat annoying but didn't happen too often. I probably would not pick that deck again. Hope this helps.

You can call and ask for a different BB cabin. As long as you stay in BB, they will probably move you.

Last year we were in R738 balcony and we could hear a little, but not too much. We liked the spot. It is a very convenient location. Our balcony was not obstructed at all. I would take that cabin again in a heartbeat.

I've had R739 and R525 (this one was assigned by booking a guarantee). I did not experience any noise issues. I, too, love the location for the close proximity to the Terrace Pool, Outriggers, and Horizon Court. If you are light sleepers then you may want to ask what other cabins are available. Good Luck!:)

Princess has upgraded us on the August 28th Transatlantic Cruise to a category BB cabin on the Riviera Deck on the Crown Princess. R625 to be exact.
Hello. I can't answer your question, but thought that you night like to come over and join our roll call. You'll get to know some of the people sailing along with you. It's at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1226829 . Hope to see you there.

Shalom, Andy.

We were in R524 (doorway between Horizon Court and the pool deck overhead) and we didn't hear a thing. This just my personal suspicion, but I think most of the Riviera noise problems are reported on the Caribbean Princess, which was the first ship to have R-deck. Maybe the added more insulation for the remaining members of the class?

We were on a GTY in August 2010 to Iceland/Norway on the Crown Princess. We were in R625. There was no noise from above and there was no obstruction to the view. You do overlook other balconies on lower decks.

We did have an occasional issue with the flush in the bathroom (which was a deck-wide issue) but we were very happy with the cabin (and the steward).

Go with it and enjoy your cruise!

Archived