"Happy Birthday Cake"

I was just about to order a Birthday cake online at rccl for DH, and I couldn't decide chocolate or white?

Has anyone had any experience with them and how big is it? How many pieces will it be? Should I have it sent to the room???????????????????

We're celebrating my dad's 81st birthday, my sister's 50 b-day, her 30th anniversary, and mine and DH's 27th anniversary. Do I need to "buy" a cake, or does RCCL "provide" us a cake at dinner one night? :confused:

And if I need to buy it, do I do that ahead of time, or can I purchase one after we board?

Thanks for your help!

You can let your waiter know in advance you will want to celebrate an ocassion...in your case several. They will probaly charge you about $6.00 for the cake, but for that you get the cake, the singing waiters and a bunch of attention from the table guests nearby tables to calp hands and enjoy your celebration and fun with you. It's really a hoot, and there is enough cake for everyone in your party to have a celebration taste. Best wishes to you all!

When I booked our cruise on the RCI with the TA, I informed my TA that my girlfriends bday will be on Day 2 of the cruise. She told me that a cake will be given to her during dinner. She did not mention any price, I figured it's free. We'll see...

What is free for birthdays and other special days is a piece of cake with a candle, etc. They don't do free full cakes anymore. Now, it's possible that your TA is arranging a cake and covering the cost.

They stopped doing free cakes because all of a sudden 100s of people seemed to be having special days. This seems silly to me--what, there's not enough food or sweets or something onboard without having to lie about a special day? How hard would it be to just ask for a piece of cake for dessert? It kind of ruined it for people who are actually celebrating something special.

Rant finished.

beachchick

I was just about to order a Birthday cake online at rccl for DH, and I couldn't decide chocolate or white?

Has anyone had any experience with them and how big is it? How many pieces will it be? Should I have it sent to the room???????????????????

The CHOCOLATE is scrumptious!!! At least it was on the Mariner on my daughter's b-day last August. I ordered mine ahead of time along with the room decorations. My daughter brought her decorations home and put them up in her bedroom. They are still there!! LOL!! She loved the cake too, but unfortunately, I was the one that ate most of it!! If you have it put in your room, make sure you ask your room steward for a cover and a knife if you aren't going to eat it all at one time!

Happy Celebrations!!

Ummm....Looks like chocolate it is...

Thanks for the advice on asking for a knife and cover. I am also going for the decorations. Its really starting to sound like a party...

We were on the 2/12 SPlendour with friends. Our friends birthday fell on a night during our trip. On the first night we asked our waiter and he arranged for a 7" chocolate birthday cake to be brought to our table on the birthady (as a surprise of course) and the staff sang as well. He charged our seapass the 7.95 fee for the cake but ikt was enough for the table of 8.. especially since someof the group also got icecream or an additional. The cake was excellent and worth the 7.95 they charged.

Chocolate - it's really decadent! I got one for DH with the birthday package (room decorations plus cake). We had the cake in the dining room on his birthday night, and shared it with the table next to us plus the waitstaff. It was very, very rich, so a little slice was plenty.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It used to be free on RCI as well but apparently people were abusing the privilege to get a "free" cake so they now charge.

Oh my, people are unbelievable. That lil cake is not worth lying for.

Here is the list and the details from the RCCL website:

Special Occasion Cakes $7.95 USD

Item# 531 - Bon Voyage Cake

Item# 532 - Happy Birthday Cake

Item# 533 - Congratulations Cake

Item# 531V - Bon Voyage Cake-Vanilla

Item# 532V - Happy Birthday Cake-Vanilla

Item# 533V - Congratulations Cake-Vanilla

Every party celebration has to have a cake! Order from the selections above and choose to have your cake delivered to your stateroom or to your table at dinner. All cakes are 6" round and available in chocolate or vanilla.

_ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _

The chocolate is superb though - that would be my choice.

But you do have other options as well. In particular, for the group posted above who are celebrating multiple events - you might consider having one big event and you can arrange a special place to do that.

On the Inaugural/Maiden Voyage of the SERENADE of the SEAS from Amsterdam to Boston, what began as a "3 or 4 kids" coming to an 8th birthday party for my son, ended up as a HUGE party of about 70 Cruise Critics and their families in the Hollywood Odyssey with a HUGE -- VERY, VERY HUGE cake with chocolate covered strawberries as the decoration around the cake (YUM). I just spoke to the social director about the party and when she realized how much interest there was from our Cruise Critic friends, she offered the room, arranged the cake and coffee for 40 and provided a bartender for the event as well. Kids and Adults enjoyed themselves and we had yet another special event at which we could "Meet & Mingle". The cruise director dropped by, two staff members from the kids program - Adventure Ocean -- came and even helped with the kids - (about 12 kids came), and even the Capt. sent his regrets - so we sent him some cake. It was a birthday my son will never forget. So, you can do just about anything - even when something simple seems to suddenly take on a life of its own.

Enjoy your events!

Thanks for all the help. Since we are celebrating multiple events I would like to have our cake in the dining room as opposed to the cabin. And we'll celebrate everyone's special day all at one time. Otherwise we'll be eatting cake every night! :eek: I certainly don't mind paying for it, I just didn't know if I had to order it in advance.

Happy sailing! :cool:

Archived