Cartagena suggestions?

kccpa

We won't be in port for very long so if we could sqeeze in the highlights that would be wonderful.

If there is a private car/tour company that would be better than walking around, recommendations would be welcome. They would need to speak English though.

Out ship is leaving in May...yeah!

Thank you in advance!

Kathy

We won't be in port for very long so if we could sqeeze in the highlights that would be wonderful.

If there is a private car/tour company that would be better than walking around, recommendations would be welcome. They would need to speak English though.

Out ship is leaving in May...yeah!

Thank you in advance!

Kathy

An added note...the private car or tour company is welcome as I will have my 79 year old Aunt with me, although she acts 59. :) I'd rather not tire her out too much, so a tour that would take us to places the ship wouldn't, where we could get a better flavor of the city.

Thanks!

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Cartagena port area isn,t very big, so easy to stroll along, very pretty. You can take a harbour cruise which gives a good commentery about the different castles and garrisons. Also, there is a tour bus that will take you around the city, its a double decker so you have a good view, I am sure your Aunt will manage the stairs, it has earphones and explains the history of the city. It picks up at the information pffice by the port, and is not a hop on/off bus. Cartagena is a really beautiful place with lots to see, castles, Roman amphitheatres, garrison (still occupied) , even a derelict bull ring. The shops are very good too! Hope you enjoy it. :)

P.S. I can see that you are fron Dana Point, our friends who lived in Mission Viejo took us there a few years ago, absolutely beautiful, you are very lucky!

Archived