Lanzarote Advice

sodafountain

In our tickets, it says you can get the shuttlebus to Arricefe for £4 each, or to Puerto Del Carmen for £12 each (4 hours there).

The Arricefe bus looks a bit pricy, how far is it?

I have been told that there isn't much there, and better to go to Puerto Del Carmen, is £12 good value, it does look a good distance on a map, and i think we are only there 7 hours anywat.

Cheers

PS as per below, not long now :D

Get the shuttle bus, definitely, it's well worth it. It's a long walk into Arrecife from the ship and time is limited. It drops you off in the centre, near the lagoon but remember where to get the bus back. Plenty of shops etc. there, I got a nice pair of sandals for £5. If you walk around the sea front for around 10 minutes you will come to a nice quiet sandy beach. Beyond that is a park and the bus terminal where you could get a bus to Costa Teguise if you are there early enough and that is about a 20 minute bus ride away. I haven't checked the map but I think you might be get the bus through the town on the port side but not sure about that. It depends how good you are at walking. If you haven't been to Lanzarote before go on a trip to the National Park to see the volcanic activity, that's a must. If only the ship stayed another couple of hours there it would be perfect, 15.00pm just isn't long enough.:):)

Jan

I forgot to say that I did think the bus trip to Puerta del Carmen is probably good value and we'd probably do that next time due to the short time scale.:):) Also, my mistake as you're there until 18.00 so longer than thought. I was getting mixed up with La Palma.

Jan

does anyone have any info on what to do in La Palma...

thanks for news of ie setting sail for tenerife we join her on 21st in maderia. about la palma if you go on cruise critic -other canary island cruise ports you can get a print off for 4 of the ports we visit. when do you go :)

thanks RR for that we will have a look at the 4 ports you suggest...we are sailing from gran canaria on 23 april (10 day cruise)...yesterday we put that IE had set sail from portugal,we tracked its progress, then had a look this morning and it seems to have dissapeared,dont want to worry anyone but cant find it anywhere...according to marine watch the Island Escape doesnt exist...if anyone knows the whereabouts of the good ship IE please add a post on here...Im sure everything will be ok for the 21st RR...:)

thanks RR for that we will have a look at the 4 ports you suggest...we are sailing from gran canaria on 23 april (10 day cruise)...yesterday we put that IE had set sail from portugal,we tracked its progress, then had a look this morning and it seems to have dissapeared,dont want to worry anyone but cant find it anywhere...according to marine watch the Island Escape doesnt exist...if anyone knows the whereabouts of the good ship IE please add a post on here...Im sure everything will be ok for the 21st RR...:)

Fear not - it has simply travelled out of range of shore-based AIS receivers!

roaming rover:)

Trotters away!! We can't cope with 2.:D;)

You could have a dog as your avatar...Rover, dog...:D No...

At least there aren't 30 RR's like there are Jan's, lol. Now that's confusing.:confused:

Jan

Archived