Do I need Visas?

shroob

Hi all,

Just booked my first ever cruise and I was wondering about Visa requirements. My holiday is departing very shortly - 13th Feb to the 27th Feb. and I'm worried if I do need visa's they wont come in time.

My original holiday was to Egypt, but due to the disturbances there it got cancelled, thats why the cruise is a rush/last minute booking.

The destinations are: Dominican Republic, Grenada, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Martin, British Virgin Islands, Barbados, Dominica and St. Kitts.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Ps. I'm a british citizen

Hi all,

Just booked my first ever cruise and I was wondering about Visa requirements. My holiday is departing very shortly - 13th Feb to the 27th Feb. and I'm worried if I do need visa's they wont come in time.

My original holiday was to Egypt, but due to the disturbances there it got cancelled, thats why the cruise is a rush/last minute booking.

The destinations are: Dominican Republic, Grenada, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Martin, British Virgin Islands, Barbados, Dominica and St. Kitts.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Ps. I'm a british citizen

You really need to contact the cruise line or your travel agent. They can tell you if you need a visa for any of the ports. I know for US citizens non is required for those ports, and I suspect that it's the same for British but I really don't know.

Cheers,

You definately don't need a visa for any of your interim ports-of-call.

I'm pretty certain that applies also to the Dom Rep, but you can check that out with your cruiseline (Thomson?) or more reliably from Dom Rep's website.

There is always the possibility of your itinerary being changed at short notice, due to weather etc, and it's always been a good idea to get an ESTA (effectively a US visa) just in case a port-of-call gets switched to US territory, eg US Virgin Islands. However there's now an admin charge for an ESTA (about a tenner per person?) so its probably not worthwhile just for that faint possibility. In any case its something you can fix up over ship's internet with immediate effect if you are diverted & want to go ashore.

Can't think of any other diversion which would involve the need for a visa. Its one of many simple joys of cruising the Caribbean.

John Bull

Archived