carnival destiny

spotter27

I actually just emailed the cruise compass from when we sailed in January to someone else, so if you post your email, I can forward to you too. The Destiny is an older ship, but the crew is wonderful. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask. Enjoy your cruise! I hope you have excellent weather.:D

I was on the Destiny January 20-24. Had a great time. One word of warning - bring some kind of sweater or wrap. The Promenade and sometimes other decks were often very cold. The disco was like a meat locker. First time I didn't bring a wrap, of course, and the only time I would have used one.

I posted pictures on my Facebook page, available to everyone. Search for "1/11 Carnival Destiny Cruise" to find them.

I was on the Destiny Jan 22. It was great, despite the negative reviews. We went to Grand Turk, Grand Cay and Nassau. Went with a group - 6 adults 44- 60. We would all sail the Destiny again without hesitation

I do have some of the daily newsletters saved, will try and scan them.I plan to do a more detailed review with pictures, just haven't had the time.

We did notice "the sewer smell" everyone talks about in a few areas (mostly lower deck) but it didn't bother any of us.

Overall - great value for the money!!

Relatively recently, I was on her just over a year ago. We had a very nice cruise. There were a few maintenance and propulsion issues, but I believe they were rectified during her dry docking. I've got lots of pictures in my review, there is a link in my signature. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

I was on the Destiny January 20-24. Had a great time. One word of warning - bring some kind of sweater or wrap. The Promenade and sometimes other decks were often very cold. The disco was like a meat locker. First time I didn't bring a wrap, of course, and the only time I would have used one.

I posted pictures on my Facebook page, available to everyone. Search for "1/11 Carnival Destiny Cruise" to find them.

Hi. Was that the Western Caribbean? How was the weather?

I couldn't find your photos on Facebook. Would you mind sharing your Facebook page?

Thanks.

Is the Destiny going to be in dry dock next Jan and Feb? I don't see any cruises for that time period. I was thinking about a Christmas cruise, but I thought maybe I should wait until after the dry dock, if in fact that's what's going to happen.

I read today that she will go into dry dock right after the new year. (Jan. 2012) for 1 1/2 months. I read they will be redoing the entire 5th floor. I don't know how reliable the info is, but it's what I read. :D

Destiny really needs a complete overhaul.

all the yada yada here about "bring an over the door shoe hanger" thingy applies to Destiny cause the bathrooms do not have shelves like the other ships

if you get rotten waiters like I had, demand to be switched (I could not since I was with a group)

Destiny really needs a complete overhaul.

all the yada yada here about "bring an over the door shoe hanger" thingy applies to Destiny cause the bathrooms do not have shelves like the other ships

if you get rotten waiters like I had, demand to be switched (I could not since I was with a group)

How long are you going to continue doing this?

How long are you going to continue doing this?

Doing what?? I am giving advice...good advice

others have commented on the poor upkeep of the ship, the huge buffet lines, the surly staff, air cond problems, and more

you can look at the deck plans and see how inadequate the buffet is

nothing that YOU or I say can change the fact that Destiny's cabins are not remodeled and have no shelves so this is the one ship where the old "over the door hanger" would be a real help

And it is not scheduled for a much needed makeover until 2012

well i was on there and the crew was amazing . we had our dd with us she was 18 months at the time and by the first night the whole crew knew her name and stopped us to play with her.i really have nothing negative to say about the ship or the crew we had a wonderful time . eastern carribean 5 day

Hi. Was that the Western Caribbean? How was the weather?

I couldn't find your photos on Facebook. Would you mind sharing your Facebook page?

Thanks.

Yes, that was the cruise to Key West and Cozumel. I'm Judy Galliher on FB.

The only issue I had with an employee was the nasty maitre d' in the anytime dining room on the last night, when he was at the podium looking for his tips. Never saw him before that. I sail solo and the first 3 nights the hostesses were very nice about seating me with others. On the last night he butted in and insisted that could not be done, that people did not want to sit with strangers, and that my only option was to sit alone. The poor hostesses looked embarassed and mortified. I went back to my cabin, retrieved my Nook and let them seat me alone in the same area I'd been in previously. The wait staff were wonderful. The hostesses came by my table later and apologized. As it turned out, lots of folks wanted to chat about the Nook, so I didn't lack for conversation.

I was on the the Destiny late october & the Destiny isn't falling apart like some of these posts say! Good ship with lil quirks & shows normal wear & tear! My room was in good shape & the A/C worked fine! dont let people over reacting on how bad & crappy the Destiny is from booking a great 5 day cruise! Plus in my opinion the % day eastern carrib. is the best short itinerary i've been on! half moon cay & grand turk have the most beautiful clear blue waters!

Archived