Biggest Loser cruise

AnneinSand

We are booked on the Eclipse in November and just saw in our roll call thread that this will also be a Biggest Loser cruise. http://www.biggestloser.com/cruise.html

would this prevent any of you from taking the cruise? I can't imagine it would affect the other passengers that much... but I have never been on a cruise before with a large group reserving much of the ship. All the suites are sold out, for Biggest Loser VIPs, I am sure. My concern is that the BL events might affect what I want to get out of a vacation... which includes shameless consumption. :)

thoughts? I noticed this was mentioned once back in November when they apparently ran and ad for the cruise, but there really wasn't any discussion about it at all.

On the other hand... we will look good in our bathing suits! I am surprised it wasn't mentioned when I booked last month.

We're on the TA that gets back on the 12th of November. Sorry we will be missing this cruise. :eek:

There's a lady where I work who asked me about cruising since she is booked on this cruise. I think it's hilarious.

I don't think you will have any problems as most of their events will be taking place separate from the rest of the pax. Similar to the American Doll, or the Food Network on the Silly TA. The events conducted are primarily for those who booked as part of the theme.

BTW, they are paying a hefty price over what you paid for your cruise.

You shouldn't have any problem enjoying your cruise.

It would bother me... not because of who the group is, but because a huge group like that will require large public areas for their get togethers. Which means when they're using a venue, you can't. We sailed once with a large group... every evening our favorite pre-dinner bar was reserved for their "private cocktail party". Disappointing when that's part of your usual cruise tradition. Given the choice, I would never sail with a large group again.

I just get the feeling that it would detract from the overall cruise experience. I would think that such a large group (pardon the pun), particularly a group involved in something such as Biggest Loser, would become the center of attention at all venues and might create a bit of a disturbance. Just my opinion as I've never cruised with a large group like that.

I was actually thinking of booking this cruise because I'm interested in seeing what "healthy" fare Celebrity would turn out, but the charge is more than double booking directly with the cruiseline and the itinerary is so mundane.

I would not book that cruise unless I was with the group though.

don't worry, we were on a cruise that had richard simmons and a very large group of his followers. they mainly danced to the oldies during the day, and were educated about the menu. the menu did not change, they just had to order better choices...........also no alcohol for them, they were not a problem.............probably several hundred of them.

Based on my past experience on a cruise with a large group, I'd avoid it if at all possible. I won't go into the details but this group took over the top floor of the MDR and wouldn't leave so the late seating folks could have dinner. There were other incidences and Celebrity seemed to be afraid/reluctant to enforce rules since they were so large in number. Wasn't fair to the other pax.

We are booked on the Eclipse in November and just saw in our roll call thread that this will also be a Biggest Loser cruise. http://www.biggestloser.com/cruise.html

would this prevent any of you from taking the cruise? I can't imagine it would affect the other passengers that much... but I have never been on a cruise before with a large group reserving much of the ship. All the suites are sold out, for Biggest Loser VIPs, I am sure. My concern is that the BL events might affect what I want to get out of a vacation... which includes shameless consumption. :)

thoughts? I noticed this was mentioned once back in November when they apparently ran and ad for the cruise, but there really wasn't any discussion about it at all.

On the other hand... we will look good in our bathing suits! I am surprised it wasn't mentioned when I booked last month.

Just curious...what did you mean when you said this?

Does anyone know if there is any good way to find out about "theme" cruises or other large special events? So far, it seems to be through luck that we find out about these things.

We're currently booked on the Eclipse for November 19, which we recently discovered would be an American Girl event. We'll probably switch to another cruise since there is enough time to change our plans. If we had found out after air travel was booked, final payment made, etc... it would be a different story.

I've tried to ask Celebrity by phone but never seem to get a straight answer about what events might be onboard.

Does anyone know if there is any good way to find out about "theme" cruises or other large special events? So far, it seems to be through luck that we find out about these things.

We're currently booked on the Eclipse for November 19, which we recently discovered would be an American Girl event. We'll probably switch to another cruise since there is enough time to change our plans. If we had found out after air travel was booked, final payment made, etc... it would be a different story.

I've tried to ask Celebrity by phone but never seem to get a straight answer about what events might be onboard.

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about the American Girl theme. All the groupies will be in other locations on the ship. It's a big ship with lots of venues. I'm sure you won't have any dolls at your dinner table. :D

Archived