Cruisetours

mediator

My husband and I are thinking about doing a cruisetour. While we are cruisers, we have never done a cruise with land involved. We asked this on the Princess boards since we are considering Princess Canada/New England 17 day total and perhaps I was too specific in my question, as we had only two replies.

So, being more general, I guess I would like to know if you could share your comments regarding good/bad/value etc. on cruisetours in general, not necessarily cruise line to cruise line or Canada/New England, if possible.

For us, we thought it would be a good way to go the first time, and then should we ever return we would be more experienced.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

I was planning an Alaskan cruise for this summer (switched to Southern) and I was debating on doing a cruise tour versus doing it on our own.

I found that in my research (your mileage may vary) that doing it on your own is cheaper and allows you to see more with more flexibility in the schedule. It will take research and planning but it is possible.

If you aren't comfortable doing the planning the cruise tours are a nice "mindless" option. You just show up when and where they tell you and they will take care of the rest.

Personally, I'm too independent to want to stay with the "herd". I want the flexibility to stop for pictures or to browse in a store without feeling like I am keeping the group waiting. Not to mention I would want to choke the habitual late people who feel like they are so special that it is okay if they keep the whole group waiting. :p

Archived