Ocean Princess stateroom question

Xoe

My husband strongly dislikes air travel, so if going to distant places, I go either with my sister or a friend or solo, which tends to be hard on the budget.

I have booked next January's Ocean Princess French Polynesia itinerary on the basis of traveling solo, and in the interest of economy, have reserved a GG stateroom, 6049. Looking at the deck plan it seems to offer more hope of peeking around a tender or lifeboat than some others. Another one I considered is 6039. At the moment prices are the same for "G" and "GG" categories.

If anyone has ever been inside either of those staterooms (or any other in the "partially obstructed" category), I'd love any feedback you may have. Thanks!

My husband strongly dislikes air travel, so if going to distant places, I go either with my sister or a friend or solo, which tends to be hard on the budget.

I have booked next January's Ocean Princess French Polynesia itinerary on the basis of traveling solo, and in the interest of economy, have reserved a GG stateroom, 6049. Looking at the deck plan it seems to offer more hope of peeking around a tender or lifeboat than some others. Another one I considered is 6039. At the moment prices are the same for "G" and "GG" categories.

If anyone has ever been inside either of those staterooms (or any other in the "partially obstructed" category), I'd love any feedback you may have. Thanks!

Even UNOBSTRUCTED these windows are VERY small Take a chance get the cheapest and hope for an upgrade

Good Luck!!!

We love the Ocean Princess especially since she went into dry dock and is now like a new ship. We have cruised on her 3 times when she was the Tahitian and once since she has become the Ocean Princess. We have done 2 cruises on her around Tahiti and we found the experience to be wonderful. It is still not a large ship and you do see the same people around the ship.

I would take 6049 as that seems to be less obstructed by the lifeboat than 6039. When we were on the Ocean Princess in May last year, most of the entertainers were in these cabins.

Jennie

Oceanview Obstructed GG . Go for 6036 it has the view to sea central in the window. You have the sharp end of one lifeboat protruding into one side of the window, then the view to sea, then there is the blunt end of the next lifeboat just in the window.

Oceanview Obstructed cabins are great value . Only time to avoid them is when your cruise itinerary has a lot of consecutive days at sea .

You're gonna love this cruise if you like water-related activities. We just came back in December after a b2b around the islands on the Royal Princess. My advice is to pick a cabin you'll be comfortable with and wait and see what happens between now and next January. Prices on our cruise changed several times. At one point, you could get an Oceanview on Deck 4 for the same price as Inside, and a few weeks later they offered balconies for the same price as Inside. Most everyone who booked a Gty ended up with a balcony. We spent most of our time in the Lounge on Deck 10 at the front of the ship. Get up there early and watch as you enter the different lagoons. Fabulous trip!

I love these boards, where 99% of the time one finds answers to questions, all expressed in the most supportive way. I am grateful for your information and insights.

I am especially interested in BridgeMates' report on how prices fluctuated as the cruise drew nearer, with major bargains later on. I think I'll stick with my present choice, 6049 (especially since a recheck indicates that 6037 is no longer available), and watch for possibilities that may come up later.

I do love tropical waters, especially snorkeling. Fifteen years ago I had a great land vacation on Moorea, traveling with a friend. The snorkeling at our hotel was amazing: a short walk from our bungalow, and into the water for glorious snorkeling. I have long yearned to go back to revisit Moorea and see other islands -- and now the plan is in place. YAY!

I love these boards, where 99% of the time one finds answers to questions, all expressed in the most supportive way. I am grateful for your information and insights.

I am especially interested in BridgeMates' report on how prices fluctuated as the cruise drew nearer, with major bargains later on. I think I'll stick with my present choice, 6049 (especially since a recheck indicates that 6037 is no longer available), and watch for possibilities that may come up later.

I do love tropical waters, especially snorkeling. Fifteen years ago I had a great land vacation on Moorea, traveling with a friend. The snorkeling at our hotel was amazing: a short walk from our bungalow, and into the water for glorious snorkeling. I have long yearned to go back to revisit Moorea and see other islands -- and now the plan is in place. YAY!

Be sure and check the roll calls from this year (Oct - Mar) as you will see what the best snorkeling/picnic tours, etc. are not to miss and there are several great reviews of earlier cruises you'll want to read. If I can help in any way, please feel free to contact me. The 20 days we had on the Royal were some of the best ever as we got to snorkel the first time at an island and then rented a car and drove the second time around. The snorkeling is like nothing we'd experienced before as the water is so clear. You won't want to miss the opportunity to snorkel with the sharks and stingrays. As I sit here in Dallas iced in for the last 4 days, I think about our Tahiti cruise often!!

c z sandy @ sbc global dot net

Your help is invaluable! I may be emailing you later on when decision points are close at hand. Meanwhile I'll browse the roll-call boards from earlier cruises in French Polynesia, and ship reviews, some of which I have already scanned, while also regularly checking for possible future drops in cost of the cruise.

The Pacific Northwest is being spared the ferocious weather hitting much of the rest of the U.S., but it's damp and chilly here and thus thoughts of and plans for tropical places are close to my mind and heart.

Dream on . . . all of us!

I decided to take a shot at it and see if I could find any pictures of minis on the smaller ships, with connecting cabins. I was able to find this one of the Pacific which does show a sofa in a connecting mini suite cabin (not sure how they would open the door if it were used as a connecting room), but it does show a sofa there.

Pacific Princess Mini Suite Connecting cabin:

2630042200060759099S500x500Q85.jpg

We once had 6036, and window was right between the 2 life boats.

It was perfect

Srpilo

That's how it looks on the deck plan. However, 6036 must already be booked as it does not show up as available on any of the sites I have checked, nor does the stateroom directly opposite it on Starboard side which would have the same position of window/lifeboats/tenders. I'll keep checking however in case either of those reappears.

THANKS for this first-hand information, which is exactly what I'd hoped for.

Archived