Have you meet and kept in touch with people you met on a cruise

hobbyhrs97

Just curious to see if there are any other stories out there.

We first met on our roll call for our Jan 15th sailing on Freedom.There were a few of us staying at the same hotel both pre and post cruise. We got together and chatted at the hotel and for supper the night before our cruise.

Meet some others with meet and greet ,breakfast and lunches on board,spent some time together while on board..cried when we said good bye:((sniff,sniff) as awesome lifelong friendships:D were formed.

Some chatting began about another cruise...now we are looking at a group cruise next Jan!

I was chatting with a PVP today to check out more information on the group booking and told her about the friendships and she loved hearing about this.

Also on our 2005 cruise we met a single mother and her son and have kept in touch and enjoyed hearing from each other.

Lets hear your stories!

Back in 2009 a friend and I went on a cruise together and we met a lady (she had about 10 years on us) and she was so much fun. She cruises all the time (this last one was her 24th on Carnival) and her and I kept in touch via phone. She called me up after my June cruise and said she wanted to cruise in Jan. I said "Let's do it" We just got off the Carnival Dream on Jan. 29th and I had a blast. I love cruising with new people b/c it makes each cruise a little difference. She taught me how to relax and just go with the flow and to take a little time for myself. I'm glad I met her. I hope we are cruise buddies in the future.

Now I'm planning my bday cruise for Oct.........who can I con into coming this time, lol.

YES!!!

Met a dear friend from New Orleans a few years ago on the Glory. Have stayed in touch and enjoy talking now and then. Her DD is now in college at one of our local universities.

Also met another couple on the beach in Costa Maya about 4 years ago. We became instant friends and have cruised together every year since. Matter of fact we had Dinner with them last night and will be at their house for a SuperBowl party on Sunday. They live about 3 miles from us. It is amazing how much we have in common and had never met before. Over the last 4 years we have shared many a laugh and a few tears together. DW and I love them as family(well better than some of our family!!)

Back in 2004, hubby and I sailed the Celebration and were seated at a table for 8 with 3 other couples. We had a great time, and have been trying ever since to sail together again, although distance and family circumstances have made it darn near impossible.

Still, we at least exchange Christmas cards each year and get updates on the goings on in each part of our world.

Yep...two in particular both members here on CC as well!!!! :D

We all met during a NYE cruise in 2008 and with one of them we havent cruised apart since! The other gal we've cruised once and met up for drinks...but I keep in touch with both of them almost daily. They are incredible ladies and good friends!

Yes, made a new friend in 2008 on the Miracle, by the name of Kelly. She's a fellow CC member, and we have kept in touch over the years through e-mails & via facebook. We are gonna reunite on the 23rd of Feb. once again, on the Miracle on an 8-day Southern Caribbean cruise:D Can't wait to see her again!:D:D

Still in touch with 8 folks from our roll call for the Legend in 2007. Sailed with 2 of them last Nov.

Have made some wonderful friends through 2 group cruises with the Saints & Sinners...can't even count how many we are still in touch with there!

And most recently, we've stayed in touch with a bunch of folks from a group on the Miracle last year, and most of us are going to be Repeat Offenders on the same cruise in May.

I can honestly say that you will never make as many new friends on a land-based vacation as you can on a cruise! Gotta love it!:D

I met a few dear friends on my Triumph cruise (thanks to my CC roll call). I keep in touch with all of them almost daily and have subsequently sailed with 3 out of 4 of them.

My Glory cruise included 3 of my Triumph 2007 friends, along with their friends and families. AND met another fun couple from our CC roll call from FL who flew up to see us last winter AND sailed with us on our Liberty cruise.

My Liberty cruise included 2 of my Triumph friends, along with their friends and families, the couple we met from our Glory 2009 CC roll call and THEIR friends and families and we connected with another fun family from our Liberty CC roll call that is talking about going with us on our next cruise (maybe the Freedom next year).

It's a fun little "cruise club" that I keep collecting friends I meet along the way. Our Glory cruise was 50 people from US and Europe. Our Liberty cruise was 30 people from all over the US (our European delegation had prior plans).

LOVE it. It adds such a fun element to the cruise. Not that we see one another daily necessarily, but we run into each other all over the ship and meet up atleast for dinner once in the steakhouse. :)

My first cruise was a group booked for a "Worship at Sea" convention. (I'm the tech director at a large church) I was stuck with their assigned seating at dinner and didn't really want much to do with them after the first night. I don't know how many preacher's wives you've met, but I couldn't handle that many at once. Didn't meet anyone there, but it was a weird vacation by myself starting in London where my brother was in a musical in the West End, then going straight to Miami to get on the cruise ship. (paid for by my continuing education account) I was going to take two round trips with a few days in between, but when I found a rate of under $1000 for a 3 legged trip from Lubbock to London to Miami and back I just made my stay in London with my brother a few days longer and took an overnight in Miami before the cruise. I do like new adventures without worrying about others, and I was pretty much solo on this whole deal.

My last cruise was when the same brother took a 6 month contract on P&O out of Southampton, UK. My younger brother and I met him in Barbados mid-sailing and left before the official departure, both which were adventures in themselves! We stayed in his cabin (2 portholes on deck 4 of the Oceana) while he took another one that had become vacant when 2 of the other singers got married and no longer needed the second cabin. ;) Needless to say, there was much partying and the atmosphere of a group of strangers, and artists at that, stuck together on a ship for 6 months was conducive to fast friendships being formed. I have a lot of new Facebook friends from that sailing.

My upcoming sailing (leaving for it tomorrow!!!) has a great roll call, and I'm sure we'll have some future travel companions in the group!

We went Nov 2010 and met so many nice people at the Roll Call. I have kept in touch with quite a few, but by the end of the cruise the three in our group and two other couples especially were joined at the hip. We had such a great time with them that we have booked a cruise with one of the couples this coming Nov 26,2011 again! Now we have 294 days to convice the other couple to come too!

Friend for life for sure.

I have lots of friends that I met on a cruise and still am in contact with but my closest friends are Shirley, Dale, Anna, Jeff and Allan. We have cruised together 4 times and with the exception of Allen we have also done land vacations with each other. Meeting up in NYC and Pittsburgh last year and trying to plan something in the Boston area.

Yep...two in particular both members here on CC as well!!!! :D

We all met during a NYE cruise in 2008 and with one of them we havent cruised apart since! The other gal we've cruised once and met up for drinks...but I keep in touch with both of them almost daily. They are incredible ladies and good friends!

I guess I dont have to write anything but ditto! LOL!:D I also in addition to Deb and Patty have met 1 family and 2 couples I keep in touch with. Havent been able to cruise with our kids different school schedules but we are trying.

I also cruise frequently on the Paradise since I'm in Ca. And always see people from past cruises on them and stop and say " hi, werent you on the _____!" It's great fun!!

And no it's not a pick up line...LOL!

We were on the Legend last week with a large roll call - still very active after we have returned home. Many on our sailing had sailed together the year before on the Victory and were reuniting. And there were many more, us included, that joined up on the roll call and were excited to meet new friends. We all got along famously! Enjoyed some meetings/excursions and dinner at the steakhouse. We are now looking around at options to sail together again next year! :D

Also on the Legend, our tablemates were both first time cruisers and we couldn't have gotten luckier with our group at dinner. Even though we went to the Steakhouse on the last night, DH & I made sure we made it to dinner to just sit with our new friends. We have only been home a week, but are still keeping in touch. We have been very fortunate finding new friends on this board and on board. :)

I have met several friends on various cruises and keep in touch with them. We met a couple on our first cruise that we have kept in touch with for 10 years but just with Christmas cards.

Where to next Shauna?:D

Claire: we are in the midst of thinking and pricing out the Miracle 8 day(Southern) Jan 5,2012. I have spoken with Carnival and they are pricing out doing Early saver vs and if possible Early Saver Group. When they get back to me I will be sure to let you know the details. I do know that we in order to get a group we have to have 8 4A or better for a total of 16 people. Talk to Denise and or Judy to see if they are interested as well!

So Many....and a special few. We're going to Europe again this year with some and it will be our THIRD trip just on a Med cruise together, let alone a few from the states with the same group....as well as Alaska. Another CC meeting landed us some of our greatest friends and travel buddies that we go with on a regular basis. I had the opportunity to introduce some of group #1 with group #2 this year. How often will THAT happen??

Keep an open mind because you just never know. ;)

Archived