Aft Balcony Question

Hi. Can someone tell me how you know if you have a Aft balcony? I had never heard of it before but have been reading a lot about them on this website. Today I received my cruise documents (YEAH!) and my luggage tags say the room number and under it, it says Aft. Should I be excited that I have a larger balcony or are those letters on all luggage tags? I never requested this because I never knew what it was. This is my first family cruise so something like this would be a great surprise. Thanks in advance for your help.

Aft means somewhere toward the back of the ship. The ones that everyone talks about are the cabins on the very back of the ship. They usually have larger balconies and a great view of the wake.

roughly it looks like you are about 3/4 of the way back. This is about where we were last year on the Constellation (maybe a little farther back). I didn't notice any more motion there than other places but then motion doesn't bother me. If you are sensitive, it might. It would bother my MIL. I guess it would also depend on how rough the seas were (we had a very calm sailing).

We are sailing the Mariner in Oct. in cabin #8690. This cabin is aft looking out of the back of the ship.

Emen822,

You have a D1 catagory room that has a balcony towards the back of the ship. You are on the Port side of the ship, which means you are on the left side of the ship if you are facing the bow (front) of the ship. With the size of the ships and the stabilizers you should be fine with the motion unless you were going through some really rough weather.

You should have a great view and a wonderful time. Be sure to take you camera so you can get some shots of the sunsets.

Archived