Belize things to do with kids 11 & 15?

Cinderellie

Hi there. We are considering the Elation sailing on 8/21, which goes to Belize. What would you recommend to do with kids aged 11 & 15? They are good swimmers -- hubby is not. I am OK.

We do not like historical stuff, bus tours or things that are too adventurish -- no climbing or strenuous stuff for us. Middle of the road is good.

What would you recommend?

Thanks,

Check out this web site: http://www.coralbreezelimited.com and you'll find all kinds of tours. This tour group comes highly recommended. If you read the post from a couple of days ago that says, "Coral Breeze Best tour ever", it will tell you the details of the excursion. We booked this privately through the internet and is not a ship tour, therefore, less expensive and less people!

Just tell them when your ship leaves Belize and they will have you back in time. If your kids like to swim, they will show them how to snorkel...very easy....I'm 55 and a good swimmer and my husband is 58 is not a good swimmer, but he can snorkel, because all you have to do is kick you feet and with the big flippers, they will keep you a float, plus they give you a life vest that keeps you above the water. Your kids, you and your husband will enjoy this adventure. My sister-in-laws went (in their 70's) and stayed on the boat the whole time and had the time of their lives. For $69 (kids cheaper), you can get lunch, and this tour. If you book more than a month early, you get 10% off that price. If you have 6 in your group, you pay for five and the sixth person is free. You get to snorkel with stingrays and harmless sharks (boy, will your kids have stories to tell their friends---make sure you take underwater cameras). The corals are great, the boat ride is fun, the scenery is gorgeous, Caye Caulker the island you lunch on is beautiful and has stands and shops to buy things and you can rent at golf cart for $10 and ride around the island...it's a blast. The internet site I gave you above will tell you exactly what you'll be doing and they have tons of pictures you can enlarge to see what everything looks like, even the menu from which you choose your lunch. It was the highlight of our trip! Coral Breeze is a unigue group of professionals who are very very kind and informative who will be sure you have a great time and this trip will exceed your expectations. I only wish I would have done something like this with my kids when they were that age. Go for it, you won't be sorry!

We are going on Elation 9/4/05 since it is labor day, we only have to take the kids out 4 days. Our kids are 16, 11, and 10. The stuff you said about your family sounds like my family, wish we were on the same cruise!;) We are booked with Coral Breeze for our day in Belize and this also is one of my main reasons for being so excited......I have a long wait, but I know it will be worth it. We are doing shark/ray and Caye Caulker...........so exciting!!;)

Joselie,

I checked out the website for the tour operator for cave tubing. Just curious because I also have a 5 and 8 year old and we have been searching for a cave tube operator who can take the younger one.

The website you refer to indicates minimum age of 10, did they make an exception for you? And did you feel the younger child could handle it.

Our kids are also strong swimmers, but we are always cautious as I am sure you are too.

Thanks for any help!

Archived