Cave Tubing

kirky

Quite the opposite, the ceilings of the caves are like 20 feet up. The caves are very large. The only thing you may need to consider is being in complete darkness. Most of the time people will have their head lamps on, but there are times when there may be one or no headlamps on.

Traveling to Belize in May and am interested in cave tubing however I get quite clausterphobic (sp) in small confined areas. Are parts of the caves tight with low ceiling height?

I am also clastrophobic. We did this tour last year and I must say it was one of the most memorable highlights of the trip. There are a few parts that, as someone said, are completely dark, but it wasn't that bad. I hung on to DH! lol

I would highly recommend this tour.

Dear Friends here are some tips

Went Cave tubing with Princess - We went with the ship due to the fact that we were on a limited time frame. There were 500 people on the tour - 5 bus loads - never saw a snake.

Positives -

Cool experience to walk thru an actual rain forest - it was pouring rain -

The caves were neat to see, l (water was cool) - water was crystal clear.

Negatives

Our head lamps were not "bright enough" to actually see the formations in the caves.

The changing room "lockers" are little thatched huts with no security - if you don't want to lose it - don't bring it -

The bathrooms are not adequate to accomodate the amount of people on the tours - they stopped working when we were there.

The life vests you have to wear stink of mold and mildew :( - you will stink like those vests the whole time, and will be anxious to wash your clothes when you get back to the ship.

Most people on the tour were chilled to the bone before we ever got into the rivers - because it was raining cats and dogs and they weren't dressed properly.

Water was on the very cool side - good thing we wore "dive skins" to retain body temperature - hubby and I were the only ones "warm".

Could not hear the tour guide - there were so many people screaming - could not learn a thing.

The bus ride - The bus driver drove off the road at 70 mph to pass a house being moved on the road - yup - I said it - a house - We thought the bus was gonna tip over - we were terrified.

Would I do it again - no way - not worth 99.00 - glad I did it - yes - I can say I did it once.

I went with RegTours and had a good experience with low enough numbers of people to make it a personal time with the guide where you could learn a lot too. I will say the driving in Belize is pretty wild. :eek:

Hi, I recently took the tour, it was fascinating, my family loved it. To be honest, I'm not a great swimmer, and I had a young child with me, but the tour company I took was very good. They took extra precaution with my child, so I felt very safe. I was honest in the beginning and told the guide that I was not a good swimmer. The company I went with was A-1 Travel, I paid $60.00, and they took us to areas that no one else went. Our guide really made it lots more fun. You can email them if you like at attbelize@hotmail.com, or call them at 1-877-5BELIZE. Tell them Fred sent you if you decide to try them.

People...this person has posted this very statement on every Belize cave tubing thread....looks like a scam advertisement to me

Archived