Suite/Villa Questions--CD/DVD menu and beverage specifics

crabby apple

Is the CD library pretty extensive? Are they in the room or is there a limit to how many you can have at once? I may be able to eliminate bringing my portable music this way :)

How about DVD's? Current? Only old ones? Children's?

About beverages, I know we will have to have a soda card, but can we ask for there to be iced tea in our refrigerator in a pitcher or container at all times? Are we allowed to do that? I LOVE my iced tea. How about juice and milk for our kiddo?;)

Since hubby has will have a soda card (our son and I don't bother with soda, if we do we can just pay for one) does he still need to go walk down with it to get a soda each time if we are in a villa/suite?

Crabby Apple,

I think the DVD list is pretty extensive...maybe 50-100 movies to pick from. There is a combination of fairly new releases and classics (I seem to remember Casablanca). I don't watch a lot of movies but I had seen quite a few from the list which makes me think they had a lot of popular movies. I have requested two at a time before. If someone else wants it, the butler will ask you for it. There is a 50$ fee if it is not returned. I don't remember how many children's choices there were (no kids so I wasn't paying attention) but there were some on the list (I think the Incredibles was on there). I would just bring a couple family favorites just in case.

The only CDs we have had in our room in the past have been in Owner Suites. There were about 20 in the case...probably could have asked for other selections. We have not had CDs in A3s or A4s that I recall. I don't know if CDs could be played on the DVD players either. Unless you are in an OS or above, I would bring an ipod docking station.

Milk should not be a problem. We have had pitchers of juice on occassion when requested but I don't know if they have juice bottles/boxes. I wouldn't think that having a pitcher (or two!) of iced tea daily would be a problem at all.

I have not purchased the soda card but I think it covers just fountain soda. I have read here that some people have gotten cans in their suite because they had purchased the soda card but I don't think it is a given and I think they had to lobby for it. Your butler can keep your mini fridge stocked with cans of soda...they are about 2-2.50$ each so this might be the easiest way to go unless he drinks 4 or more sodas a day.

Hope this helps! Have a great cruise.

Coffeecat

We were on the Star the first two weeks in January, and they still offered DVDs, I didn't see any thing about CDs.

There were at least 100 DVDs offered. A mix of old and somewhat recent, but nothing new. (But newer movies were on the TV channels.) There were also children's selections.

If you really want to have something available,you should probably bring it with you.

When I asked about DVD's in the DOS on the Gem, I was told they no longer have them because they have PPV movies available on the TV! Like I want to pay to watch a movie. I wish I knew before we sailed so I could have taken some from home.

I heard the same, that the Gem no longer has DVDs because they have PPV movies on the TV now.. the Jewel still had DVDs (and no PPV movies) in December, not sure about CDs. We usually bring a couple favorite CDs for the DVD player, plus a couple DVDs just in case - all in a very small lightweight case. The last few times we tried to get DVDs, the ones we wanted were all out for the whole 9 days, even in an OS we were unable to get our first five or six choices. Our guilty pleasure is enjoying an HBO series over the course of a trip or a trilogy of movies, like the Twilights, IF we have time lol. if a child has some favorite movies, bring them, and maybe pick up something newly released for the whole family to enjoy..

Robin

Partly it depends o which suite...in the Owners Suite we just got 3 free bottles of liquor..butler gave us a menu and we picked 3. We also got alll the soda we wanted for free. We "ordered" TONS of Pelligrino and diet coke!!!! I think this is also a villa perk. Next trip is in a penthouse....no free liquor or soda there. we did have dvd's!!!

Partly it depends o which suite...in the Owners Suite we just got 3 free bottles of liquor..butler gave us a menu and we picked 3. We also got alll the soda we wanted for free. We "ordered" TONS of Pelligrino and diet coke!!!! I think this is also a villa perk. Next trip is in a penthouse....no free liquor or soda there. we did have dvd's!!!

Liquor and sodas only included for Owner's Suite and up, so the courtyard villa don't get them.

Robin

Archived