Formal Night

I have a question regarding this topic as well. DH doesn't have a suit, never plans on buying a suit and doesn't want to wear a tie again ever. I found the Cruiseline formal wear rental web site and he can rent black pants and a jacket. Can he wear a simple mock turtle neck to go with it and be okay?

So many questions come up when you read these posts that I never think of. I'm such a planner anyway.

Sovereign of the Seas

4/25/05

53 days to go

Your husband should be fine with black pants and a suit coat and maybe a really nice white shirt. I found a lot of people doing the same thing. Of course there are many people that are very formal and then you have the other end of the spectrum also. I was really worried about formal night but itsn't anything to get stressed out about. Enjoy your cruise!

Formal dress is the suggested dress code, it is not a requirement. I have never seen anyone turned away from the dining room on formal night because of how they were dressed. Most people dress up out of respect to their fellow passengers. The outfit you described for your husband will be more than adequate. I have seen men in the dining room on formal night wearing slacks and a golf shirt and women wearing flip-flops.

• 1 year later...
I once saw this woman wearing this horrible dress from Penneys, and her husband was wearing white shoes, and it was October! People were frightened of them, but no one said anything.

Please, please, please tell me you are kidding...right?

:D :D :D

The scary outfit on formal night was the French lady in her animal fur vest. DH said she looked like Conan the Barbarian!! LOL

To answer the OP's question: the jacket / slacks / shirt sounds OK. I personally prefer a tie on formal nights. DH wears a dark jacket, dark slacks, and a shirt and tie. No suit, and no tux.

Archived