motion sickness meds for kids

crusin cowboy

We are going on a cruise in a few weeks with our two children, ages 10 and 12. They have never been on a cruise. I am wondering what the best medicine is for motion sickness prevention for them would be. My 10 can take a pill, but my 12 year old has not mastered it yet. I do not want something that will make them real drowsy. Thanks for any help! I am trying to decide between dramamine or the patch for myself as well. I have used both, but don't know which I want to use this time.

I would suggest you speak with your children's pediatrician about what they recommend. Wouldn't their advice give you peace of mind? Last think you need is an adverse reaction to some medication recommended here.

We are going on a cruise in a few weeks with our two children, ages 10 and 12. They have never been on a cruise. I am wondering what the best medicine is for motion sickness prevention for them would be. My 10 can take a pill, but my 12 year old has not mastered it yet. I do not want something that will make them real drowsy. Thanks for any help! I am trying to decide between dramamine or the patch for myself as well. I have used both, but don't know which I want to use this time.

Health food stores sell powdered ginger in gel caps. Works surprisingly well for motion sickness and does not have the nasty effects of drugs. I can't take either of the two "normal" motion sickness drugs due to the fact that they raise the pressure in the eye. Something that most people don't know. The recommended dose is two caps, but I would start with one. They make the stomach very warm.

Archived