Ride St. Kitts Scooter Rental

Rosieo

Has anyone rented scooters here. Great reviews on TripAdvisor. Just wondering if anyone here has done this.

Not yet, but I do have one reserved for 3/5/11 so if you send me an email to the address below after I return on 3/11/11 I can let you know how it went.

Greg

• 1 month later...

I rented a scooter on 3/5/11 from Ride St. Kitts and we had a blast. I reserved the larger 125cc scooter for me and my wife to share (370 pounds total) and we had no problem getting to every place on the island (Shipwreck Bar, Timothy Hill, Black Rocks, Golden Lemon, Oatley's Plantation, Romney Manor/Caribelle Batik and Brimstone Fortress). We rode with a couple who had the regular scooters but rode individually and they also had no problem getting to all these locations.

We found the locals to be perfectly friendly and quite respectful of scooter traffic. Driving on the left side was pretty easy to get used to and we never felt unsafe at any point in the day. We got lost a few times and the locals helped us get back on the main road and on our way.

Their office is an easy 5-10 minute walk from the port and Daniela and Tim are very helpful. They will provide you with a map and make suggestions as far as what to visit and in what order to maximize your time on the island.

Our scooter got a flat tire (it happens) which we discovered at Romney Manor so we called the shop and Daniela came out within 20 minutes with a replacement scooter, no problem at all. The replacement scooter was one of the 50cc smaller bikes and I definitely noticed the difference in power and seat room so if you are riding double, do try to reserve one of the larger 1255cc models in advance.

If I go back to St. Kitts again, I will definitely book another scooter as it was a great way to tour the island, easy to find a parking space and way better than being couped up in an air conditioned van for the day.

Oh yeah, and the roads were fine, not nearly as bad as I had been led to believe from other posts.

If you have any questions, my email is in my signature.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We rented scooters from Ride St. Kitts in January 2011. We had an incredible day!! It was our third visit to St. Kitts but we got to see the island in a whole new way. The locals waved at us as we drove through the small towns, they asked if we were enjoying their island and offered directions when we got off track. We got a whole new appreciation for the island from a scooter. Tim and Daniella were so professional and helpful with their recommendations for our day. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Just an fyi for anyone interested in scooter rental at Ride St Kitts. Their season ends April 15th.

Where did you find this info? I was hoping on renting a scooter from them the last week in April but I don't see anything on their site saying anything about dates or season ending. Thanks!

Where did you find this info? I was hoping on renting a scooter from them the last week in April but I don't see anything on their site saying anything about dates or season ending. Thanks!

I think that is an accurate date (they appear to operate from September into April) but your best bet is to contact them directly ridestkitts@gmail.com or 869-465-5533.

Greg

• 1 month later...

I am getting very discouraged...I've emailed Ride St Kitts twice and still haven't heard back. :mad: This was 2 weeks ago and again earlier this week. I don't know what's going on. I shouldn't have to call. I was really wanting to do this but I may just go with an island tour our friends have reserved.

If I understand correctly, Ride St. Kitts shuts down in April sometime when the winter cruise season is done and opens again in the fall.

I would have thought they'd at least check email. I guess I'll just go with our cruising mates on an island tour in a bus. Oh well...

Archived