Help about coba ruins

elou

Been to Tulum and Chichen Itza. Wondering if Coba has much to see? I know you can climb, but I'm arthritic and cannot. Is there much excavation? Can someone with some walking difficulty do this Princess tour?

• 10 months later...

We booked through carnival- some walking from ship to ferry (a few blocks) and a few blocks from ferry to bus. At Coba there were bike taxis who would take you thorugh the entire site- but I'm not sure you wouild be able to strickwith your tour group... lots to see- we saw probably ten structures (including a sports arena!) in addition to the main attraction- which is worth seeing- even from the base- the pictures do not do it justice!

• 2 weeks later...
We booked through carnival- some walking from ship to ferry (a few blocks) and a few blocks from ferry to bus. At Coba there were bike taxis who would take you thorugh the entire site- but I'm not sure you wouild be able to strickwith your tour group... lots to see- we saw probably ten structures (including a sports arena!) in addition to the main attraction- which is worth seeing- even from the base- the pictures do not do it justice!

Even on a ship excursion, do you really have enough time at Coba to see things? I know the Tulum ship excursions don't really give you that much time relative to the travel time just to get there. And while it looks like you might have docked at Punta Langosta, most Carnival ships dock at Puerta Maya and many other cruise lines dock at TMM International, adding taxi or buss travel time to the ferry dock and return.

An earlier post suggested that they may stop the climb at Coba. Does anyone know when? We will be there in Feb. 2012. I can see why they would close if off to protect the history. I am not sure I could climb it anyway but I would give it a try if available.

• 1 month later...

We did the Coba excurison through Carnival Magic 01/17/12 and got to climb the Nohoch Mul. The tour guide stated that this could stop any time. My folks rented a two seater bike that a local pedaled them around the site for $10. We didn't have time and only got to see a few sites but the climb was awesome. My dad is 68 and had a bad ankle but still climbed up. Coba is huge and we only had 1.5 hours. Definately needed more time. I plan to visit again when I stay on the mainland.

Archived