great vegetarian/vegan options on Dream?

williamson_ja

I would love to know what are great vegetarian/vegan options for dining on the Dream. We'll be sailing in Dec. 2011. It's our first Carnival cruise. I've heard that there are some great dinner options including the authentic Indian food (LOVE that) What else is good for dinner? What about Breakfast and lunch? Can anyone help us? Most of the family is meat-eating, but we do have one vegetarian (who eats mostly vegan) and one vegan in our group. :)

I would love to know what are great vegetarian/vegan options for dining on the Dream. We'll be sailing in Dec. 2011. It's our first Carnival cruise. I've heard that there are some great dinner options including the authentic Indian food (LOVE that) What else is good for dinner? What about Breakfast and lunch? Can anyone help us? Most of the family is meat-eating, but we do have one vegetarian (who eats mostly vegan) and one vegan in our group. :)

The Indian entree on the first night at dinner in the main diningroom is very good, but it is not vegan (it contains paneer cheese). You can order Indian every night (I've read on these boards) but It may not be vegan. Some of the Indian food I've seen even on the buffet contains dairy. I recommend calling the special needs department; maybe they can help/advise you.

The Indian food was very good, however when we were there in December most of the dishes had fish, chicken or meat in them and were delicious. They only had a couple all veggie dishes. Just wanted to give you a heads up since you said you were a vegetarian/vegan. This was at the Indian food section (Tandoori Grill) back near the pool, now the dining room may have more options with just veggies, we didn't try it there.

• 1 month later...

The special needs department is no help. They told me that I would just have to talk to the maitre'd once onboard.

I can't eat Indian food due to pepper allergy - so no curry. I am not vegan by choice - it is due to allergies - also no wheat or corn. (so gulten free is no help)

You might like to check this thread out about the Indian options -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1331370

I believe Dream also has a tandoor, though I may be wrong.

You may also be interested in my vegetarian wife's steakhouse review thread. She loved that mushroom strudel and the pasta they made up for her there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1334046

I'm a vegetarian and I called Carnival prior to our last cruise and let them know. We didn't eat in the MDR the first night, however when we came the 2nd night we walked right to our table (we had scoped it out the first day) and the hostess and our waiter came running right over and asked which one was the vegetarian. The hostess had me look at the menu for the week and said to choose whatever vegetarian option I wanted from it and they would make sure that every night I had something vegetarian for me and if I didn't see anything I liked, the chef would make me something whatever I wanted. :D

The cruise prior to that on PRIDE, we ate at David's Supper Club. Prior to making our reservations we explained I was a vegetarian and would I have any options and they said they would make all my courses vegetarian...and they did. It was fabulous! :D

Just got off the Miracle and my oldest daughter is vegetarian... there was atleast one main course meal that met her needs and always one or two appetizers... so she said she did not want for much on the trip! So enjoy the food!!!!

Archived