Belize City Tours from RCI

DaNana

Just trying to decide which tour to take that does not involve being in the water on this day. Have you been on either of these tours? Would you go again? What did you like best/least?

Altun Ha and the Old Belize River Tour or Lamanai and the New River Safari. Thank you for any information you can provide!

I did the Lamanai New River Safari tour a few years ago. I enjoyed it very much. Transportation to and from is lengthy but the ruins are really worth it. I say this even though it rained during our boat ride up - everyone was drenched by the time we arrived at Lamanai. We will be sailing the Liberty the end of February. Because all of my photos from my previous cruise were obliterated by airport xrays, we will do this same excursion when we are in Belize this February.

I have not been to Altun Ha. If you do decide to go there, please be sure to post your comments.

Enjoy your cruise.

I did the Lamanai New River Safari tour a few years ago. I enjoyed it very much. Transportation to and from is lengthy but the ruins are really worth it. I say this even though it rained during our boat ride up - everyone was drenched by the time we arrived at Lamanai. We will be sailing the Liberty the end of February. Because all of my photos from my previous cruise were obliterated by airport xrays, we will do this same excursion when we are in Belize this February.

I have not been to Altun Ha. If you do decide to go there, please be sure to post your comments.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you so much for your input. Will post & let you know what we do. Still cannot decide and it is coming soon!:)

Just trying to decide which tour to take that does not involve being in the water on this day. Have you been on either of these tours? Would you go again? What did you like best/least?

Altun Ha and the Old Belize River Tour or Lamanai and the New River Safari. Thank you for any information you can provide!

I didn't do a tour with Royal. But I did a city tour and Altun Ha as a Carnival excursion. I would guess they are probably similar. We enjoyed it. We had great tour guides that told us alot about the city and were very entertaining. And having never seen ruins before we were impressed. You can see some of my photos here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1316516&highlight=legend+review+beachchik

I have been on both. The Laminai is a much longer tour, but is well worth the trip. Altun Ha ruins are no were near as good as Laminai, but well worth doing. Both boat rides are good, but once again Laminai is a longer and way more fun ride as they really get to moving on that river at times. On the Altune Ha ride back on the river, you stand a good chance of seeing Manatee.

If I had to choose, the first time in Belize, I would go with Laminai.

Archived