Itinerary Change--Biarritz (Saint-Jean-de-Luz)

Bruin Steve

We just found out that Oceania has changed our itinerary...

We were supposed to be in Bordeaux for two days...August 15 and 16...

Now we are only in Bordeaux on the 15th...

We now have:

16-Aug Biarritz (Saint-Jean-de-Luz), France 8:00am 6:00pm

Now, I know that Saint-Jean-de-Luz is on the French/Spanish border about halfway between Biarritz and San Sebastian...I was last in San Sebastian 35 years ago...

Question is...what to do with this day?

Originally, we were going to relax one day in Bordeaux and take a Wine tour the next...Now we have our tour guide scrambling to put together an alternative itinerary for the first day...

Now, when we dock in Saint-Jean-de-Luz the next day, what would be the best use of the day? Go to Biarritz? Visit San Sebastian? Maybe Hondarribia? Somewhere else? Some combination of the above?

Should we just wander on our own? Shore excursion? Or hire a tour guide? Any recommendations on a tour guide?

Thanks...

Hello Bruin Steve. I have never been in either place but we will be on the Oceania Marina this June stopping at St Jean de Luz. From the research I have done, the village appears to be a lovely place to stroll around and explore on your own provided the weather is good. Sounds like a great place to have a lunch by the waterside. The town is extremely crowded in July and August.

Depending on the length of time the ship is in port you can also take a bus up to Biarritz which is not far.

Archived