Visa for china!

MAZANDSTEVE

I'm having a bit of a nightmare trying to sort this. We are trying to fill out the forms online and it just wont work, letter will not type out on the form. It says to type the info, so if I print out the forms and hand write them, this wont be valid right? If I phone the embassy its just recorded messages. Any ideas? This is the UK Chinese Embassy btw.

I'm having a bit of a nightmare trying to sort this. We are trying to fill out the forms online and it just wont work, letter will not type out on the form. It says to type the info, so if I print out the forms and hand write them, this wont be valid right? If I phone the embassy its just recorded messages. Any ideas? This is the UK Chinese Embassy btw.

I don't know how it is with the UK china embassy but I am going through the process of getting chinese visas too. I am hand writing them and having them delivered to Brisbane for processing. I can't see why you can't hand write the applications too.

I don't know how it is with the UK china embassy but I am going through the process of getting chinese visas too. I am hand writing them and having them delivered to Brisbane for processing. I can't see why you can't hand write the applications too.

Yes, think I am going to have to and see how it goes. It does say type on our forms though, oh well here it goes.

We had the same problem. The Visa Office in Manchester sent me the following email.

"Hi there

According to itinerary the double-entry visa will be fine

However, the online-application system is not avalible unfortunately, you can apply for visa either by person or by post

What you need to do is download a PDF version form from http://www.visaforchina.org.uk/visaen/UserFiles/File/eform_20081130.pdf

Print that out and fill by hand then send us

If you need to type on the PDF form please donwload this version http://manchester.chineseconsulate.org/chn/passport/others/P020070416758046562247.pdf

I hope this is helpful and you could ring us or visit our website for more information."

Saved the PDF version which did allow you to type over. They changed the form on the 1 January which is useless and I think the one you are trying, but you are allowed to use the old form until July (I think).

Good luck.

We had the same problem. The Visa Office in Manchester sent me the following email.

"Hi there

However, the online-application system is not avalible unfortunately, you can apply for visa either by person or by post

What you need to do is download a PDF version form from http://www.visaforchina.org.uk/visaen/UserFiles/File/eform_20081130.pdf

If you need to type on the PDF form please donwload this version http://manchester.chineseconsulate.org/chn/passport/others/P020070416758046562247.pdf

I hope this is helpful and you could ring us or visit our website for more information."

Saved the PDF version which did allow you to type over. They changed the form on the 1 January which is useless and I think the one you are trying, but you are allowed to use the old form until July (I think).

Good luck.

Thanks very much. :)

"Hi there

Good luck.

Sorry, another question, do you know if we need a double entry Visa? I was under the impression we dont need one for Hong Kong?

We are starting off in Shanghai, so we know we need one for there but then Hong Kong??

Sorry, another question, do you know if we need a double entry Visa? I was under the impression we dont need one for Hong Kong?

We are starting off in Shanghai, so we know we need one for there but then Hong Kong??

We have to send an itinerary with our application. Do you have to do that? If you do, they make the decision at the embassy on what type of visa you have to have.

Quite correct about Visa not required for Hong Kong. Princess sent us a letter well in advance explaining which visa is required and included an itinerary to attach to the visa application, so assume you will get the same.

Did the pdf file which you could type over work?

Gillian

Archived