Best Quiet Beach

B&J1

What beach would you seasoned Antigua visitors and Kewlguy recommend if I was looking for quiet (no toys), uncrowded, beautiful, restaurant optional, but still on the bus line, beach? :) This will be our first visit to Antigua

thx in advance for your imput,

brian

when were there we got a cabbie that took us to a beach that was not too crowded at all. The waves were pretty big though once you got out past the breakers it was nice. I know you can do horseback riding in this area and there was a beach bar right where the taxi drops you off. the bar had swings for stools. it cost us $5 pp to get there I think? We got lucky on the return trip and along with another couple we did an island tour for $10pp. it was a slow day in port only 1 ship so the cabbie was glad to do this.

maybe someone will see this and answer with a name

The further you get away from the cruise port the more quiet beaches you will find. The beaches along the bus #22 route would be Jolly Beach, Valley Church, Darkwood, Turner's and Carlisle Beach in that order. The main concern is not wandering too far away that you'll have trouble getting back to the ship on time. I would say Darkwood would be the least crowded and which isn't too far from the port.

• 2 weeks later...

We found Turner's Beach to be a nice quiet paradise. I'm not sure about the bus option, but we took a taxi and it was $8/pp each direction. I think it was about 20 minutes from the port to the beach. Highly recommend it, and they do have a bar/restaurant right next to the beach. Calm waters and on a clear day, a nice view of Montserrat.

• 3 weeks later...
when were there we got a cabbie that took us to a beach that was not too crowded at all. The waves were pretty big though once you got out past the breakers it was nice. I know you can do horseback riding in this area and there was a beach bar right where the taxi drops you off. the bar had swings for stools. it cost us $5 pp to get there I think? We got lucky on the return trip and along with another couple we did an island tour for $10pp. it was a slow day in port only 1 ship so the cabbie was glad to do this.

maybe someone will see this and answer with a name

Sounds great. We will be there in a couple of weeks, anyone know the name of this beach/bar

Archived