Valley Church Beach / Sandhaven Runaway / Dickenson bay

scumbers

but when were ther we got a cabbie that took us to a beach that was not too crowded at all. The waves were pretty big though once you got out past the breakers it was nice. I know you can do horseback riding in this area and there was a beach bar right where the taxi drops you off. the bar had swings for stools. it cost us $5 pp to get there I think? We got lucky on the return trip and along with another couple we did an island tour for $10pp. it was a slow day in port only 1 ship so the cabbie was glad to do this. I wish I could remember the beach name but maybe someone will see this and give you a name.

Antigua isn't known to have very good snorkeling at any of their beaches. At least none anywhere near the pier area. The problem is while the water in Antigua is a beautiful teal color the water isn't very clear for good snorkeling. It's kind of cloudy.

Just spent the day (Feb 2, 2011) at Runaway Beach and really liked it.

Got dropped off at Sandhaven Beach Bar ($12 each way for 2 people) which is only 10-15 minutes ride from the port.

Sandhaven is at one end of a long beach with chairs, drinks etc for those looking for facilities. We bring our own blanket and walked about 100 yards down the beach and had a whole stretch of beach to ourselves. There were no other buildings along the beach.... it's just all natural.

After you left the beachbar maybe there were 10 - 20 people scattered along the rest of the beach.... all day.

No water sports here..... Just a great quiet day on a beautiful beach!

Archived