Puerto Vallarta - Do it on your own

spencer.kindt

My wife and I are going to do a dolphin swim in Nuevo Vallarta, but after that we'll have some time... I was wondering, what would be doable by ourselves?

If there are any cliff jumping spots or fun beach spots that would be nice... I'm assuming its not too hard to find a beach ha but cliff jumping?

I've read that there's a cathedral? Is that worth seeing? Anyone recommend it?

I've also read about Chico's Paradise and the natural rock slides and pools... does anyone know which buses to take to get there and about how long it would take? That sounds like a fun unique trip to PV.

Anything else that people recommend? Any good flea markets close? Shopping could be fun, but my wife and I are still in school so we can't splurge too much hahaha

Thanks for the help!!

My wife and I are going to do a dolphin swim in Nuevo Vallarta, but after that we'll have some time... I was wondering, what would be doable by ourselves?

If there are any cliff jumping spots or fun beach spots that would be nice... I'm assuming its not too hard to find a beach ha but cliff jumping?

I've read that there's a cathedral? Is that worth seeing? Anyone recommend it?

I've also read about Chico's Paradise and the natural rock slides and pools... does anyone know which buses to take to get there and about how long it would take? That sounds like a fun unique trip to PV.

Anything else that people recommend? Any good flea markets close? Shopping could be fun, but my wife and I are still in school so we can't splurge too much hahaha

Thanks for the help!!

No cliff diving or Cathedral there is a very nice church that people mistake for a cathedral but the actual cathedral is a few hours away in Guadalajara, the actual church is worth seeing and is very close to the flea market and the malecon.

Here is an excellent websitethat has maps,, tours and such. A wealth of info

http://www.vallarta-info.com/index.html

Chicos Paradise and the dolphin swim might not give you enough time especially if you bussing everywhere

My Family (Four adults, two kids) hired a taxi for the day and made some stops (beach, shopping, Malecon). During this trip we drove out to Chico's Paradise for lunch and to spend some time strolling around the grounds and checking out the waterfalls. You can swim too. It was a lot of fun!

The drive took about 30-35 minutes from downtown to the restaurant. You're traveling south of PV, back into the jungle (along the Rio Tomatlan, I believe). The food was delicious, and the drinks (Pacifico for me) were good and cold, but the view will knock you out. The restaurant sits right over the waterfalls, and it was gorgeous. Very laid back.

I've not taken a bus to Chico's, but I understand it is on the route.

Archived