Upper Berths?

sharke

I cruised with my 2 adult daughters on Journey in May in an inside cabin. I think some triples use a fold out sofa (probably twin size) and some do have an upper berth. My daughters took turns in the upper berth - mattress was so so, maybe it could be egg-crated. You know the upper berth only comes down at night? so there was not alot of sitting around when it was down. I think the choice of the upper berth is probably better than the fold out sofa - I would not have wanted to try to walk around that cabin after the sofa had been made up as a bedd - toooo tight - plus we ladies needed that sofa for our "wardrobe staging area" - (to throw our clothes on!)

Hello –

Here’s some information about the upper berths on our two vessels. The inside staterooms that have a 3rd or 4th berth can be identified on our deck plan by a specific small triangle symbol. These berths are lowered down from the ceiling. Based on guest comments, the rooms are too small for 4 adults.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the info. My main concern is whether a 6'3" man will have trouble with headroom & moving about. We do not plan on ever lowering the berths. Having never had a cabin with upper berths we are just trying to visualize how they might affect the ceiling height.

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the info. My main concern is whether a 6'3" man will have trouble with headroom & moving about. We do not plan on ever lowering the berths. Having never had a cabin with upper berths we are just trying to visualize how they might affect the ceiling height.

Hi Sharke !

While I have not personally seen the Upper Berths on an Azamara ship, I have seen them on many other lines. In virtually all cases, they were well-recessed into the Ceiling, and you wouldn't have known they were there, unless you were looking for them.

Hopefully, it won't be an issue for you. Enjoy your Cruise !

Archived