Great City tour of San Juan

sharecruises

San Juan...picked up a city tour for 20 bucks....wonderful driver/gude Javier, spoke perfect English and he shared so much information and insights ...we drove around to the condato area and looked at hotels, stoped at a trinket shop, he had 3 guys stand behind a "fountain" that looked like they were....LOL>> going to bathroom....haha....great photo op

we went to the Capitol building all marble and so many statues, very interesting, a gal guide showed us around there...we drove past the dangerous :La Perla: housing area and drove by the 2 forts , stopped at overlooks, saw the kite flyers

and then we were dropped in town and walked back, lovely old buildings, neat shops...I had a Pina Colada yum at Barrachinos that claims to have invented them...beautiful courtyard with parrots ...you can take a drink with you in a to -go cup (like Key West)

San Juan was lovely and I would love to go back there again for a longer stay, maybe do a southern cruise from there (and frankly most everyone spoke good English, which is more than I can say for Miami LOL)

Archived