Why is there no self-laundry on board RC ships?

I just returned from an 11 night cruise on the Independence of the Seas. Not quite as long as your TA, but not a short one, either.

There were three of us in the cabin.

First we stuffed a bag on Day 6. Used my free coupon. Got two large bags of clean laundry back in less than 24 hours. (yes, I know how to stuff a bag!)

Then we stuffed a bag on Day 8. Used my $10 off coupon. Got two large bags of clean laundry back in less than 24 hours.

Pretty good deal, I think.

At what level do you get the coupons?

At what level do you get the coupons?

Everyone can use the $25 special stuff-a-bag offer. Details are in the Cruise Compass.

Beginning at Platinum, there is a discount coupon that you can use to decrease the $25.

At Diamond Plus and Pinnacle, there is a coupon for getting that $25 promotion for free, plus a discount coupon for a second use.

I sure don't want to spend my time on vacation at the laundrymat! Using the fill-the-bag lanudry specials isn't too expensice...I think maybe $25 for the bag. I've sailed Princess and didn't even consider using their self-serve laundry.

Treat yourself to a nice vacation and give up doing laundry and dishes for the duration of your cruise!

I sure don't want to spend my time on vacation at the laundrymat! Using the fill-the-bag lanudry specials isn't too expensice...I think maybe $25 for the bag. I've sailed Princess and didn't even consider using their self-serve laundry.

Treat yourself to a nice vacation and give up doing laundry and dishes for the duration of your cruise!

It is my vacation and I want to spend time on my 14 day vacation doing laundry that includes an 11 day cruise!!!

I did a 12 day cruise on Princess two years ago and I did laundry in their self service laundry. Yea Princess:D

So there:) You do what you want and I will do what I want.....

It is my vacation and I want to spend time on my 14 day vacation doing laundry that includes an 11 day cruise!!!

I did a 12 day cruise on Princess two years ago and I did laundry in their self service laundry. Yea Princess:D

So there:) You do what you want and I will do what I want.....

Maybe they should leave some cleaning supplies and a vacuum in the closet and do away with cabin stewards.:)

We tidy up too but don't make our own beds. I've read of some people that do make the beds on vacation. It's less bother to us to put some clothes in and out of the washer & dryer on the ship than to come home tired from traveling after a trip with two suitcases full of dirty laundry to get done before work in the morning.

But you can view all of the coupons here, thanks to Patti (cruisenfever).

:)

Very good info. Thanks. So I can expect wash and fold day to be day 6. I will use the coupons on the 11 day Med cruise I just booked on Mariner of the Seas. I don't have much choice about it since I will be spending a couple of days post cruise in Rome.:) Who knows maybe I will be won over to sending my laundry out on long cruises. :D

We tidy up too but don't make our own beds. I've read of some people that do make the beds on vacation. It's less bother to us to put some clothes in and out of the washer & dryer on the ship than to come home tired from traveling after a trip with two suitcases full of dirty laundry to get done before work in the morning.

That makes sense. For me I have a hard enough time packing on the last day let alone doing laundry and packing. I always try to take the day off after a cruise to adjust back to reality.

I do tidy up and straighten up my own bed. Most of the times, my cabins are small and I don't want to spend the mornings looking at the mess just because someone else will ultimately come in and do it for me. I do usually leave putting on the decorative pillows, etc to the cabin attendant. (We prefer the quiet of sunning and reading on our balcony.)

I started reading this thread simply because I've booked my first TA and wanted tips. The downside is that it reminded me that it was time to put my laundry in the washing machine. :(

That is certainly the exception, not the rule.

I just returned from an 11 night cruise on the Independence of the Seas. Not quite as long as your TA, but not a short one, either.

There were three of us in the cabin.

First we stuffed a bag on Day 6. Used my free coupon. Got two large bags of clean laundry back in less than 24 hours. (yes, I know how to stuff a bag!)

Then we stuffed a bag on Day 8. Used my $10 off coupon. Got two large bags of clean laundry back in less than 24 hours.

Pretty good deal, I think.

Even if we had paid $50 total for that service, it would have been worth it.

Several people have posted on this thread that they work out every day and have lots of dirty laundry. My kids do this. The stench is overwhelming. :D These two uses of the ship's laundry service solved all of those problems.

good to know. it was our first RCC :D

Archived