Cannot bring Non Alchoholic beverages onboard

mmn531

OK, I fully get the idea of not allowing passengers to bring alcohol on board. This single purchase is the best way for the RCI to make a profit. I wish we still had the 'corking fee' option, but I love cruising too much to let that get in the way.

But the removal of being able to bring water seems a little overboard to me. I mean this is getting to the nickel and dime stage.

I will check out the price on the Evian packages on my cruise next week and report back to everyone.

They will get a strongly worded letter from me on this.

Thoughts?

From RCI website:

Onboard Policies

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

I've heard stories of people just slapping a luggage tag on a case of water and giving it to the porters and it being in their room later. But I've also encountered being told that I have to throw away the soda I was drinking going through the terminal (at Port Canaveral) even after RCCL told me in an email that it was okay to bring a single non-alcoholic beverage on board that you were in the process of consuming.

I mean with how cheap a case of water is on the mainland, it might be worth a shot to try to get it to your cabin. If not, then look at ordering the overpriced Evian.

I've heard stories of people just slapping a luggage tag on a case of water and giving it to the porters and it being in their room later. But I've also encountered being told that I have to throw away the soda I was drinking going through the terminal (at Port Canaveral) even after RCCL told me in an email that it was okay to bring a single non-alcoholic beverage on board that you were in the process of consuming.

I mean with how cheap a case of water is on the mainland, it might be worth a shot to try to get it to your cabin. If not, then look at ordering the overpriced Evian.

You bet. I am going to give it a try no matter. Worth $5 to 'test the system' :rolleyes:

I was hoping to bring one small single serving 8oz of sparkling apple cider for my DD, for our sail away in our cabin. They do no offer it on board like Disney does.

T

I usually board with say 2 or 3 20oz Diet Dr. Pepper's and then pick up and board with maybe a couple more sodas throughout the cruise, and they have never said anything and nothing has ever been taken away.

I don't think one 8oz of apple cider will be a problem.

Susan :)

Found this timely thread as my DH and I are getting ready to sail on FOS next weekend. We always brought two bottles of our own favorite wine (which isn't available on the ship) and gladly paid the corkage fee, but in the two years since we last sailed, I guess they have now eliminated that option. We were sorely disappointed to learn this. However, we still planned to bring 3 1-liter bottles of water and a few small bottles of Diet Dr. Pepper and SF lemonade for me. It sounds like that is now in jeopardy as well???:confused: I'm still going to take them and hope for the best, but I do believe that RCCL - in their quest to maintain profit margins - is going to start losing some faithful customers. :eek:

From RCI website:

Onboard Policies

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

I have pointed this out in the past... How can they inspect water and soda bottles if said items aren't allowed in the first place? In Galveston they are limiting it to 6pks of non-alcoholic beverages (I assume per suitcase).

Taking alcohol or soft drinks or bottled water on board a ship is pretty much the same thing as taking it into a restaurant or a sports stadium on shore.

They all want you to buy their products, not bring your own.

Once again, Trainman is 100% correct. It is business, nothing more.

Does anyone know if they have diet sprite available? I usually take my own wherever I go as I am not supposed to have either sugar (rules out the regular sprite) or caffine (takes away diet coke). I enjoy having a soda on vacation and would be happy to buy onboard, but I've been very few places that offer a diet caffine free option.

You bet. I am going to give it a try no matter. Worth $5 to 'test the system' :rolleyes:

we put a case of water in a backpack and checked it. arrived in our cabin with no problem. explorer out of bayonne 1/16/11.

ran out last day or so and 3 bottles of theirs cost around $13 (though they did double bill us for $26). still working on that

Does anyone know if they have diet sprite available? I usually take my own wherever I go as I am not supposed to have either sugar (rules out the regular sprite) or caffine (takes away diet coke). I enjoy having a soda on vacation and would be happy to buy onboard, but I've been very few places that offer a diet caffine free option.

You could always contact the special needs department and ask. You could also just get a note from your doctor that you can't have caffeine or sugar and show them the note if you have to go to the "naughty room".

Just off the Radiance of the Seas this morning. Have always taken a 12 pack of diet cherry coke-not available on board. I get the soda card sticker, but my husband drinks the diet cherry. For the first time ever we recieved a note to pick up the unlocked duffle bag on deck two. The line was very long before and after muster, with people there for everything from irons, water, soda, and lots and lots and lots of alcohol. The cutest baby you've ever seen waited in line to get his formula back! Only the alcohol and irons were being kept, everything else was checked and returned. They did check to see if water had been opened, but noone kicked up a fuss if their's was kept:o. Wonderful cruise, hated to leave. . .

Recent cruises on Radiance and explorer both were available if you ask for them. we were able to get them to add both to our refrigerator. There is a person from the bar staff that restocks the frig.

OP....as far as water....

I recently called RCI before sailing in Jan on Navigator. I asked

about water. Person said, "You are allowed 1 bottle of water

per person".

"OK".

I packed unopened 2 liter bottles in back pack and an empty sport bottle

to refill and carry...no problems.

Water is not a 'beverage' but Security 'may' or 'may not' inspect water bottles,

mouthwash etc....so just bring new, unopened bottles in case they

do.

That's all. Bring water.

:cool:

Like the previous poster stated, just bring an empty sports bottle and refill it whenever you want. There's an abundance of free ice and water at the drink dispensers. Refilling is better anyway because you can keep adding ice and keep it cold.

Archived