Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

luvscruising2007: Good idea - checking out Formal Night attire. I won't have that option since our first Formal Night is on Day 2. BUT - I WILL take black and nude (following your lead...) and decide onboard:rolleyes:.

Maybe if we CCFs start wearing black PHose, we'll start a trend:).

The wind has lost some of the intensity today, but rain continues...since SuperStorm Sandy didn't do damage or cause a power outage - and it was a good day to wear comfy warm clothes (very un-CCF!), I organized and packed jewelry for The Next Cruise.

Each activity is marked on a Post-It on a little baggie...except for the one stretchy bracelet that gets funky if it's folded - that's what the cut-down tube is holding.

As each item went in the baggie, I checked it off on the spreadsheet (with my Royal Caribbean pen pictured).

The baggies were then transferred to the printed (free with cosmetic purchase) zippered case.

232323232%7Ffp%3B87%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D358974%3A679335nu0mrj

Next chore will be gathering all the cosmetics, toiletries, most of which are kept in the drawer in the next photo.

The "Days of the Week" pill container is what I use when going on a shorter cruise, to hold earrings, small jewelry. It won't be going this time. The clock (at the bottom of the pix) is a Must Have item for us. With the lighted numbers, we always know the time.

232323232%7Ffp%3B8%3A%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D358975668%3B335nu0mrj

THis is beyond impressive!!! So jealous of your organizational skills!

luvscruising2007: Good idea - checking out Formal Night attire. I won't have that option since our first Formal Night is on Day 2. BUT - I WILL take black and nude (following your lead...) and decide onboard:rolleyes:.

Maybe if we CCFs start wearing black PHose, we'll start a trend:).

You know we are on the same cruise in December, right? lol

Arhillbilly posted in her thread "My Epic Wardrobe." a picture of her in a black dress with black hose. I have made my decision. She looks good and I have always liked black hose with black dresses.

Edited by luvscruising2007

luvscruising2007: I'm looking forward to meeting you on EOS 2 weeks from Monday:):cool:. The black pantyhose is still a question for me. Perhaps tomorrow I will try on both formal dresses. Both are predominantly black but with other colors...don't know if I'll like the look...

Morganicat: Warning: Once all the clothes & accessories are laid out, you WILL want to take them all:eek:! There were tops and jewelry that I really wanted, but even with 10 nights, they couldn't all make the cut.

curlymason: Yes! Empty the drawer and get started! Dec 1 will be here quickly and you need to start The Packing Process:cool:! Your company will understand;).

I am having the same problem as Morganicat. We don't dress up that much at home so all of the clothes that I have bought over the last year I do want to bring. I am gradually cutting it down but it is disappointing. I did manage to eliminate a pair of black casual sandals. I really don't need them :)

Since we drive to port it isn't really a problem but I only want to bring 2 big suitcases, a garment bag and maybe a carryon.

But if this is the only problem I have getting ready for this cruise, I am thankful.

Indiana71- It won't be long and we will be sailing out of the New Jersey port. Can't wait.

plank: Catalogs and magazines are showing more colored pantyhose/tights with dresses and skirts. Some are textured, some not. I really like the trend:). Shoes (heels particularly) fit better with a little fabric between feet and leather. And I think it's totally appropriate for middle-aged CCFs.

...I'm going to try on my 2 formal night dresses (both black with a print) with black pantyhose that have been in the drawer for a couple years - maybe I'll join you in this trend!

Looking forward to seeing some photos. Your outfit will be fun and very appropriate:cool:.

Found some shimmery black tights and design ones FINALLY so trying them on today. Also found another cute dress to wear with black design stockings at Charlotte Russe:)

Hello all, I need help please.

I've been so pressed at work that I booked a last minute cruise to the Caribbean next month. You fashionista's always have great suggestion, so can you tell me what to expect for the temperatures, and do you wear white?

I'm coming from a colder climate and just want to make sure that I get it right. Thanks

Hello all, I need help please.

I've been so pressed at work that I booked a last minute cruise to the Caribbean next month. You fashionista's always have great suggestion, so can you tell me what to expect for the temperatures, and do you wear white?

I'm coming from a colder climate and just want to make sure that I get it right. Thanks

Where are you cruising to and on which ship? And what is your embarkation city? That info will help us give you better advice.

Oh sorry, leaving from Miami and going to the eastern Caribbean route, which I've been to in the summer, but never in the winter. Just need to know what type of weather to expect. Thanks!

eta lovestx - don't you just love the Equinox? Can't wait for my trip on the Reflection!

Edited by DivasDare

Oh sorry, leaving from Miami and going to the eastern Caribbean route, which I've been to in the summer, but never in the winter. Just need to know what type of weather to expect. Thanks!

eta lovestx - don't you just love the Equinox? Can't wait for my trip on the Reflection!

I think you can expect pretty warm weather throughout your cruise although it may be a bit windy. Parts of the Caribbean experience the "Christmas Winds" each year which are winds from Europe that keep things breezy. So I guess I would be sure to have some light sweaters and/or wraps available for evenings. Don't think you will feel it much during the day.

I am flying into Miami in December for a short cruise. I plan to take my summery clothes (including white capris) as it is the tropics after all. I always wear my summery clothes with bright colors when we visit St. Croix in Feb/March each year and never feel out of place.

For the flight/travel into Miami, I will wear jeans, a white long sleeved cotton T (which I can reuse on the cruise if it gets cool), a cardigan (which I can use with something for the evenign on the cruise) and a light weight fleece (which can come in handy). May wear a quilted jacket too if it's pretty cold in Boston that day.

Hope that's helpful.

And, yes, we loved the Equinox!

DivasDare: You chose the perfect place to get info for your upcoming cruise. You will love the eastern Caribbean this time of year.

Take your brightest clothes and don't hesitate at all to wear white! And please come back after your cruise to tell us about your clothes and what others wore, too.:cool:

Divas- Definitely wear your white and any other fun color you wish!!!

Nancy- I didn't take a pic of my short purple dress or my new one from Charlotte Russe because I did not have hair or make up on, but I showed them to my hubby and he approved along with tights. He especially gave me the look of approval on the new dress!I am happy! Packing done except for lil last minute things. Now for Turkey Time!

Next week at this time we will be sailing out to sea from Baltimore...I am so ready!!!!

I don't cruise until February, but I'm well underway with the planning! I had a lot of clothing out today and took pictures of potential outfits. It feels so much better to be organized, and if I look at the pictures and I'm so-so on a certain outfit, I can look at another picture to see if I want to swap the shirts or whatever.

plank: I'm right there with you RE no photo because hair & makeup aren't up to CCF standards:eek:. I've thought about setting up the camera to fit in neck-down shots...but haven't done that yet.

If you have photos when you return from your cruise, we would love to see them here!

Lucky you, leaving in 1 week. We have 2 weeks to go but most days have a To Do List, so no complaints:cool:

Since Thursday PM, a belly bug has hit me, causing a few pounds to drop from the scale. After 24 hours, it seemed to have eased...only to return yesterday after cautiously feasting on SILs delicious chili...no details needed.

Fingers are crossed that it's now truly over. We joke that "Our weight loss goal is one bout of nausea away,"...

Edited by indiana71

We joke that "Our weight loss goal is one bout of nausea away,"...

Indiana, there is a line like that from The Devil Wears Prada - it's the character played by Emily Blunt, and she says "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight" in her proper British accent. It's kind of become a family joke for us. Sorry you aren't feeling well, hopefully you are over the worst of it.

Yay! No more feeling awful! Thank goodness, because today is Cruisgiving...(since it's close to Thanksgiving, the names are combined). I prepare a dinner using recipes from Royal Caribbean cookbooks and we review our itinerary. DH also gets a couple gifts (since he never shops for himself and can use a few new clothes!). We're only 12 days away from the Next Cruise:cool:.

For the Family Cruise in June, I ordered shirts for both sons from Tommy Bahama. They're classic camp shirts in a solid color but the fabric has a tropical design weave. All 3 dads will have similar but not matching shirts for a ship photo.

After Christmas I'll (try to) figure out what professional photos we want and coordinate outfit colors...but that's a couple of cruises away:eek:.

QUESTION: Besides Formal Night, do you have professional photos taken? How many do you purchase?

Edited by indiana71

We always have several photos taken and usually buy only a couple because I am not a photogenic person so I don't usually like the pictures. That is why I like to be behind the camera and not in front of it.

This year tho it may be different since our Grandson will be cruising with us and after having a very serious health scare that put a lot of our life into perspective.:rolleyes: Thank God it turned out not being Cancer!!!!!!;)

It really made us realize what is really important in our lives and not being photogenic isn't one of them!!!LOL:D

30 days and we will be cruising!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Gerry

QUESTION: Besides Formal Night, do you have professional photos taken? How many do you purchase?

I usually have a lot taken -- it increases the chances I'll look ok in at least one of them :rolleyes: Usually I only buy one or two, but I had my wedding on my last cruise which meant we had a lot of family cruising with us. We bought 4 or 5 because we wanted more pictures with us and various family members together.

I like your thinking gymbomb! The more photos, the better my chances of a good one;)!

When a photographer is in the dining room, it never fails that he/she wants a picture just as our hot entree is placed! DH & I usually clink wine glasses and try to say "Cheese" (why cheese??) as quickly as possible.

The posed photos for formal night are usually the best. This time we might do a couple casual poses...and maybe even agree to stand with a pirate or "dolphin" when we step off the gangplank at a port:cool:.