Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

No clue what I'm doing, new to the forum. I ordered 2 pairs for the cruise and love them.

You are doing fine. I love the pants because they pack real flat and don't wrinkle. Mine have a little sparkle in them. I wear bright colors most of the time so they are about one of the only black item that I take on a cruise.

Does anyone have palazzo pants? They are perfect for cruises.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the friendliest forum on it. I have three pairs of palazzo pants that I am taking on my next cruise. They are comfortable and you can change them up with different tops/jackets.

I had to google Pallazo pants! Look so

Comfy, wonder if I can find some for my short self? (Only 4'11"). What type of shirt do you normally wear with them?

I was thinking of bringing black Ponte Pants for comfort and dress up ability. They look great with classic pointy toe heels and a loose sequin tank or flowy shirt.

I had to google Pallazo pants! Look so

Comfy, wonder if I can find some for my short self? (Only 4'11"). What type of shirt do you normally wear with them?

I was thinking of bringing black Ponte Pants for comfort and dress up ability. They look great with classic pointy toe heels and a loose sequin tank or flowy shirt.

I am 5'10 so that's never a problem. They don't have a hem so you can always cut them and hem. Mine are navy,lime green and orange so I will just wear a solid printImageUploadedByForums1384389000.661603.jpg.7073021e90d0447dabb70620b837649d.jpg

For dry skin I've started using coconut oil. It seems extremely oily so I put t on at night. In the morning my face has absorbed the oil an feels so soft.

I started using olive oil several months ago and it keeps my skin very soft. I apply after I shower. I mix it with sugar when I need to exfoliate. However, I will try coconut oil to see how it works.

Sharon

I also started wearing less makeup as I age but the one thing I could not do without is Lucidity foundation from Estee Lauder. The coverage is light but remarkable plus it has sunscreen built in. Several people have commented on my skin looking great so I guess it works. I also wear Estee Lauder or Clinque lipstick.

I went to the department store today and had my makeup done. I used to apply my makeup all wrong. I now have an entire new makeup "wardrobe" (to the tune of $250). I was really pleased with what he did. I still look very natural but more put together. Now if I can just remember how to do what he did.:eek:

Scrapnana: Tell us more!! What cosmetics counter did you go to? What products did you purchase? Can you give your sister CCFs any hints from the makeup guy?

I failed!! While Christmas shopping in Penney's, I passed a sale on Liz Claiborne petites....stopped JUST to see what was there...and couldn't pass up two bright-colored pullover sweaters:rolleyes:.

I feel good about going over 2 months without buying clothes...and pleased to find a 40% off sale on items that I really like.

The one sweater is light purple with pale blue dots - I switched out the SailAway sweater for the new one, and underneath the sweater I put a pale blue and white striped blouse. That should keep me warm with a light jacket in New Jersey, in early December:cool:.

DH will take my picture when we're onboard (less than 3 weeks!!) so you can see it.

The other sweater is a V-neck pullover with fat horizontal stripes of orange, purple, gray and raspberry. It isn't going on the Cruise but will surely be worn during the holiday season.

Edited by indiana71

Scrapnana: Tell us more!! What cosmetics counter did you go to? What products did you purchase? Can you give your sister CCFs any hints from the makeup guy?

I failed!! While Christmas shopping in Penney's, I passed a sale on Liz Claiborne petites....stopped JUST to see what was there...and couldn't pass up two bright-colored pullover sweaters:rolleyes:.

I feel good about going over 2 months without buying clothes...and pleased to find a 40% off sale on items that I really like.

The one sweater is light purple with pale blue dots - I switched out the SailAway sweater for the new one, and underneath the sweater I put a pale blue and white striped blouse. That should keep me warm with a light jacket in New Jersey, in early December:cool:.

DH will take my picture when we're onboard (less than 3 weeks!!) so you can see it.

The other sweater is a V-neck pullover with fat horizontal stripes of orange, purple, gray and raspberry. It isn't going on the Cruise but will surely be worn during the holiday season.

Oh, you naughty girl buying new sweaters!:)

They sound lovely, enjoy them.

Indiana that is your treat for doing so well the past 2 months. I have just purchased some new Clinique items. The have a nice kit called Party Eyes

that is only $ 29.50 with purchase. You get 8 eye colors 2 liners. Full size mascara and eye brushes.

Ugh! I wish I hadn't read this, now I'm going to have to go buy something :D If you don't mind me asking, what eye colors are in the kit?

Indiana71,

You did amazing going 2 1/2 months! I am on the no more clothes bandwagon but only because I haven't been able to find anything that I like/fits/is a good deal!:D

I ended up at the Estee Lauder counter because I have worn their make-up before. They had a kit with 30 eye shadows, 3 blushes, a bronzer, 2 lip glosses, 12 lipsticks, eyeliner pencil and some brushes/applicators for $37.50. I then bought full size brushes (I've always had cheap ones and got rid of those), a BB cream (which I would not have even known what it was except for this forum), mascara and a compact. He gave me trial sizes of a make-up remover and resilience lift.

The last time I wore eyeliner (maybe 10 years?) it was liquid eyeliner. He was horrified and showed me how to dot on the pencil eyeliner and then smudge it together. He also said no one over 40 should wear black eyeliner.

I was also shown how to put on most of the make-up with brushes which I hadn't done before.

When he was done I realized my friend should have filmed what he was doing so I can replicate it. I may go back once more before I leave for a refresher course.:D

Edited by Scrapnana

I love JCPenney! They have great clothes and now that they have sales, great deals. I have found a few drugstore brands that are awesome. I used to wear Estée Lauder double wear, but have since discovered maybelline shine free foundation stick. I apply with a foundation brush or damp sponge. I also buy in two colors. My normal color and dark color to contour. It is amazing! Also, I love that Amazonian clay mascara that you can get at sephora! Best liner is urban decay,hands down.

Indiana71,

You did amazing going 2 1/2 months! I am on the no more clothes bandwagon but only because I haven't been able to find anything that I like/fits/is a good deal!:D

I ended up at the Estee Lauder counter because I have worn their make-up before. They had a kit with 30 eye shadows, 3 blushes, a bronzer, 2 lip glosses, 12 lipsticks, eyeliner pencil and some brushes/applicators for $37.50. I then bought full size brushes (I've always had cheap ones and got rid of those), a BB cream (which I would not have even known what it was except for this forum), mascara and a compact. He gave me trial sizes of a make-up remover and resilience lift.

The last time I wore eyeliner (maybe 10 years?) it was liquid eyeliner. He was horrified and showed me how to dot on the pencil eyeliner and then smudge it together. He also said no one over 40 should wear black eyeliner.

I was also shown how to put on most of the make-up with brushes which I hadn't done before.

When he was done I realized my friend should have filmed what he was doing so I can replicate it. I may go back once more before I leave for a refresher course.:D

Kathi, thanks for this information! I was thinking of getting my make-up done at the local department store counter as well and now you have me firmly convinced that is the plan of action! I don't wear make-up much so I need all the help I can get. I have never worn eyeliner and recently watched a youtube video on how to apply...had to laugh at myself trying it. Now you tell me the guy says no one over 40 should wear it!:eek: That is a good idea about filming it too.

There are so-o-o many brands of cosmetics, at all price ranges, that it's impossible to NOT experiment.:eek: Going to the department store cosmetics consultant is a good way to learn. Often, you can ask for a 2-week sample (especially when the product is $$ or even $$$:eek::eek:.

DH & I attended the Fine Wine and Dining evening last weekend. It was time to winterize the lake house and the last time at the club.

My red dress was the only red that evening. The young, beautiful, tall, thin, tanned women were in form fitting sparkly dresses and HIGH heels. The majority of other females wore LBDs (a few long, mostly cocktail length, only a handful in evening pants).

Here we are before dinner. I wore pantyhose for the first time in years and my Cole-Haan pumps felt more comfortable than they do in bare feet.:rolleyes:

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3345%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E27496%3C6%3A39244ot1lsi

While choosing lipsticks for The Next Cruise, I realized how many I own..(18 in the photo and 1 more in the bottom of a purse)...dare I vow to NOT buy another lipstick until at least some of these are finished????

How many do you have???

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C3%3B%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E27496%3C6%3A63244ot1lsi

There are so-o-o many brands of cosmetics, at all price ranges, that it's impossible to NOT experiment.:eek: Going to the department store cosmetics consultant is a good way to learn. Often, you can ask for a 2-week sample (especially when the product is $$ or even $$$:eek::eek:.

DH & I attended the Fine Wine and Dining evening last weekend. It was time to winterize the lake house and the last time at the club.

My red dress was the only red that evening. The young, beautiful, tall, thin, tanned women were in form fitting sparkly dresses and HIGH heels. The majority of other females wore LBDs (a few long, mostly cocktail length, only a handful in evening pants).

Here we are before dinner. I wore pantyhose for the first time in years and my Cole-Haan pumps felt more comfortable than they do in bare feet.:rolleyes:

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3345%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E27496%3C6%3A39244ot1lsi

While choosing lipsticks for The Next Cruise, I realized how many I own..(18 in the photo and 1 more in the bottom of a purse)...dare I vow to NOT buy another lipstick until at least some of these are finished????

How many do you have???

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3C3%3B%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E27496%3C6%3A63244ot1lsi

The dress looks beautiful on you! the color is great.

You look FABULOUS in that red dress!!!! And love hubby's tie :) He must be very proud to have you as his 'date'.

I don't know how the younger women wear those incredibly high heels! I always say that I am lucky that I have short husband (5'8") so that my 5'6" body doesn't have to wear the high heels. His height bothers him (though he'd never admit to that!) so I would never tower over him.

As for the lipsticks....I think you should get rid of some of them :)

I have 1 lipstick. Got out of the habit of wearing lipstick years ago.

I use it when I am dressing up.

I got out of the habit as well because I have issues with lipstick staying on. If it is creamy, it comes right off. If it is dry, I have to constantly use gloss over it. So lipstick (now that I have some after my cosmetic shopping spree) is saved for dressing up. I do use a clear lip moisturizer all the time.