Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

geocruiser: Oh my! I have never heard of having pain when wearing nail polish. Is it an allergy??

For me, the issue is that several of my nails just begin to get above the top of a finger...then they split. Polish chips and if I'm wearing a dark color, it's even more noticeable.

For the Next Cruise, I will probably go with a salon gel manicure. It stays nice...but not something I want to do all the time.

I guess it is. I have tried many kinds of polish and the pain is so bad. The last kind I tried was Clinique. I had it on my finger for just a second before I had to take it off. By finger hurt for two days after. I did call the company and they thought it was the formaldehyde in it. I just gave up because it is not worth the pain. I have never heard of any one else having this trouble.

Have you tried the vinyl wraps like jamberry?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

No I have not. At this point I am having any thing on my nail. The pain is bad and it last even after I take it off. When I tried Clinique polish, I had it on for only a few second and had to wipe it off. Thank God I put it only on one finger. But it hurt for a couple of days. I told my Dr. about it and he said to stay away from the stuff. Would another type of polish cause me pain? I don't know. But to try it and be in pain again, for me it is not worth it.

I know lots of new product have come on the market. But with no way of knowing which would be pain free, I am afraid to try.

Going out to dinner with my son and his fiancé. And hubby. Haven't worn this jacket before. A Label$ buy. I actually bought a sleeveless black tank with clear jewels in the neckline and black dress leggings of sorts. Think I like the more casual too!! Will be starting the prepacking this week. Sept 4 is fly away. ImageUploadedByForums1439671442.129405.jpg.adaa3b1213b5536cbd27d2ef66d08a06.jpg

Edited by sunnydaygirl

Thanks. I wasn't sure about the sheer look. But so many are wearing it. I was very comfortable in the AC at restaurant.

I paid under $14 for it. That Label$ definitely has some bargains if you're willing to put in the time to look.

Edited by sunnydaygirl

Thanks. I wasn't sure about the sheer look. But so many are wearing it. I was very comfortable in the AC at restaurant.

I paid under $14 for it. That Label$ definitely has some bargains if you're willing to put in the time to look.

Under $14. That is a great buy. Enjoy!

sunnydaygirl: You are LOOKING GOOD! Fresh and airy:). Label $hopper is a store where I haven't had success. There's one near the Lake House. Maybe a little more time there would be fruitful...

I have heard of an allergy to eye makeup and even know a lady who has never had success with hair coloring (it always washes away after a couple days???!!)...so if I had to choose - an allergy to nail polish wouldn't be as bad as no eye makeup or gray hair:cool:!

geocruiser: Sound like you have a severe allergy to formaldehyde which is very nasty stuff anyway. No polish is worth that much pain.

From my 20's until I hit menopause I could not wear nail polish. My hands would just swell up until I thought they would burst. :eek: The minute I took the polish off the swelling would start to go down. Now in my 50's not only can I wear nail polish but I can wear gels as well. Maybe all of those darn hot flashes did some good after all???? :D Now I prefer deep reds on my nails. Can't do corals or pinks they make my hands look like I dipped them in walnut oil.

As for hair dyes well, I am not going grey. I am going from brunette to blond one hair at a time - that's my story and I'm sticking to it :D :pTT

geocruiser: Sound like you have a severe allergy to formaldehyde which is very nasty stuff anyway. No polish is worth that much pain.

From my 20's until I hit menopause I could not wear nail polish. My hands would just swell up until I thought they would burst. :eek: The minute I took the polish off the swelling would start to go down. Now in my 50's not only can I wear nail polish but I can wear gels as well. Maybe all of those darn hot flashes did some good after all???? :D Now I prefer deep reds on my nails. Can't do corals or pinks they make my hands look like I dipped them in walnut oil.

As for hair dyes well, I am not going grey. I am going from brunette to blond one hair at a time - that's my story and I'm sticking to it :D :pTT

I feel the same way, it is just not worth the pain.

sunnydaygirl: You are LOOKING GOOD! Fresh and airy:). Label $hopper is a store where I haven't had success. There's one near the Lake House. Maybe a little more time there would be fruitful...

I have heard of an allergy to eye makeup and even know a lady who has never had success with hair coloring (it always washes away after a couple days???!!)...so if I had to choose - an allergy to nail polish wouldn't be as bad as no eye makeup or gray hair:cool:!

Thanks!! I go in every few weeks. But then Walmart and goodwill are the only other stores in town!!

I had some odd-size drinking glasses and kitchen utensils to drop off at Goodwill...can't resist a quick look inside:rolleyes:.

Calling my name was an LBD and then a great color knit top.

The dress is by "Elle". Never heard of it so googled to find out. It's a brand from Kohl's and dresses sell in the $60 range.

This one has a lace top and peplum. The belt looks kinda cheesy up close...but quite passable when the dress is on.

The top is Ann Taylor...and the dress was $5 and the top $3icon14.gif. That makes me a happy CCF!!

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv336%3A4%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D373%3A%3B46687335nu0mrj

I had some odd-size drinking glasses and kitchen utensils to drop off at Goodwill...can't resist a quick look inside:rolleyes:.

Calling my name was an LBD and then a great color knit top.

The dress is by "Elle". Never heard of it so googled to find out. It's a brand from Kohl's and dresses sell in the $60 range.

This one has a lace top and peplum. The belt looks kinda cheesy up close...but quite passable when the dress is on.

The top is Ann Taylor...and the dress was $5 and the top $3icon14.gif. That makes me a happy CCF!!

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv336%3A4%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D373%3A%3B46687335nu0mrj

Great finds. They will look beautiful on you.

Wahoo! It's now single digits until The Next Cruise...(99 days and 19 hours from Right Now):rolleyes:

Thank goodness there's still lots of Lake House time and a busy fall calendar. Otherwise, I would be spending time in the Cruise Room just organizing everything...and I've Already Done That a couple times!

The weather here in western PA has been much like we experience in the Caribbeanicon14.gifIt's been a really good summer with lots of happy memories.

Yesterday, I passed the school where I worked as secretary to the principal. Teachers were having an in-service day. Ahhhh...I don't miss the craziness of those first couple weeks. The students are back Tuesday, so for many summer is unofficially over. We lucky retirees get to enjoy the season for awhile yet!

Edited by indiana71

I too love red nail polish! I plan to wear red for our Christmas cruise on the Miracle going to the Mexican Riviera. 119 days to go! I haven't started packing or putting things together either but I sure have been planning out outfits in my head! LOL!:D

Geocruiser have you tried the nail product that comes in all kinds of colors and prints that you just stick on top of your nail and then file it to fit the shape of your finger? When you want you just peel it off. I see them all the time at the drugstore. CVS is where I've seen them for sure. You could read the package to see if it contains anything you might be allergic to. Just a thought.

Edited by mousey

I too love red nail polish! I plan to wear red for our Christmas cruise on the Miracle going to the Mexican Riviera. 119 days to go! I haven't started packing or putting things together either but I sure have been planning out outfits in my head! LOL!:D

Geocruiser have you tried the nail product that comes in all kinds of colors and prints that you just stick on top of your nail and then file it to fit the shape of your finger? When you want you just peel it off. I see them all the time at the drugstore. CVS is where I've seen them for sure. You could read the package to see if it contains anything you might be allergic to. Just a thought.

That is something for me to check into. Thanks for the tip.

I'm giving myself and my mom fancy manicures before we cruise next week. I'll admit to being tempted to bring a couple of bottles along in case of chip. Nail polish is my name hobby. I think I have my outfits planned for each day at this point. But I am a planner.

Sent from my Arc using Tapatalk

I have been wear Incoco's white cloud French tips for the past 5 years they protect your nails. You can buy them thru Amazon but first read the reviews. Mine last a minimum of 4 weeks and it takes approx 20 minutes to apply. For Pedi I use OPI Big Apple.

Sharon