Tunisia on the No-Call List for More Cruise Lines

LauraS

Personally I think it is a shame that another line has decided to drop Tunisia. The Foreign Office has almost dropped the warning agaisnt travel to the country...yet firms like Jet2 have dropped all flights and holidays to the country right through to the autumn.

Yes, there were problems there, but things have quietened down alot...trouble is that many do not realise it cos the country next door but one has been going through the mill itself and nabbed the headlines.

I think 2011 will bring alot of change across the Arab nations, especially those who have suffered under questionable leadership for many years. What happened in Tunisia gave those in Egypt (and to a lesser degree, Jordan) strength to be more vocal and to stand up for what they believed in.

Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Israel, Lebanon...all need tourism to assist with their day to day living standards, all have amazing places to visit, incredible history to share and on the whole, really decent & hardworking people who like to show their countries off to the world.

I hope that the entire region settles down and can return to normality as soon as possible and that those affected by the political problems can eventually sort out their differences.

Would the current problems stop me going back to the region...absolutely not. The countries and people have so much to offer...history, culture & traditions that date back to before the bible, they would be a massive loss to the world if the holiday companies and cruise lines turned their backs on them for ever.

JMO.

Archived