Is it just me?

e001

Or are you all driving yourselves crazy reading cruise reviews??? I'm trying to choose between RCCL Majesty and Carnival Fascination for a vow renewal (which will have family & friends traveling loooong distances to attend). I think I've read every review on the web and there are so many conflicting reports...

Just venting. (Oh but if any one has an opinion on those ships, do tell)

Just book which one you think you would have the most fun on and go.... It is pretty much impossible to pick a cruise based on reviews...

Everyone has so many different opinions, what matters to one person could be no concern of another...

Reviews are fun to read and don't get me wrong they do provide some helpful information, but it is all in what You want in a cruise and ship....

My DH and I went on the Caribbean Princess in December and I had read alot of negative reviews but we had a great time... Just go with an open mind and remember nothing in life is perfect, unfortunatley not even a vacation, things can and do happen.....

Have fun in making your decision......

Chanda

I agree! We went back and forth between Carnival and RCCL but finally chose RCCL. I am researching though about just going through someone on the island since it was cheaper than RCCL's destination package by 600....Just remember that you want to take into account where they will perform the ceremony. I chose the Explorer because their chapel was beautiful and we found out that we can use it for no charge if we want to do our own thing. Not sure how right that is but my friend ordered flowers before her cruise and with some floral tape she made a boutiner and with a ribbon decorated the rest and then a friend officiated while her sister took pictures. The cost between the flowers and film was $100. She did it on the balcony of her room and the pictures were beautiful because you have run of the ship and she decorated the balcony herself.

This is starting to sound good to me....

Don't feel alone.. I too am making myself crazy trying to plan my 11/13 wedding. I read tons of reviews, and had it narrowed down to the RC Radiance and the new NCL Jewel. After weighing the pros and cons of the 2, we chose the Radiance. Then, thanks to my obsession with learning every detail possible about this ship, I found out that that particular cruise is a "murder mystery" cruise. This doesn't sound like it would be too conducive to a romantic week at sea, so today I reserved a spot on the NCL Jewel.

Now I have to wait for the Wedding Experience people (called Wedding Aisles when they do NCL's weddings.. makes no sense why the same company has so many different names, but whatever) to get the ship and itinerary info on the Jewel... when I called this morning the guy had never heard of the ship and told me to call NCL! Then the woman I spoke to at NCL said that was absolutely ridiculous and that the wedding place should have called and gotten the info rather than just dropping the ball.

So, at this point we have 2 cruises booked for the week of 11/13, a wedding booked on one of them, and still not 100% sure what I want to do. And to think, I wanted to do a cruise wedding to keep it SIMPLE! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived