Golf cart on Caye Caulker

cmitch9999

We will be using Coral Breeze for our transport to Caye Caulker. Hoping to rent a golf cart to tour the island. Where are the rental places? What is the typical price? Besides a driving license do they also require a credit card as security??

thanks!!

Chris Mitchell

We will be using Coral Breeze for our transport to Caye Caulker. Hoping to rent a golf cart to tour the island. Where are the rental places? What is the typical price? Besides a driving license do they also require a credit card as security??

thanks!!

Chris Mitchell

Caye Caulker Golf Cart Rentals on Back Street and Calle del Sol. Or C&N Rentals, down toward the airport. $US 10/hr. $US 60/day. But want to add that you can walk just about anywhere you'll need to go the whole island is only 2 miles long and most of the tourist stuff in on Front Street. It's less than 20 minutes of slow ambling walk from the split to the water taxi pier.

Edited by crewsweeper

I'd echo what sweeper said re maybe not needing one. I was with my wife & sons (7 & 5) and we had no problems walking from one end to the other in 20 minutes or so (including them stopping to kick or throw every single coconut - 75,000 or so - that they came across). :)

• 2 weeks later...

We did rent one. The tour operator called in and they picked us up at the pier and took us to the rental place. The first cart stalled out within 15 minutes and we had to get a second cart. It was fun, but the ruts in the road are deep and driving around them is a challenge. We have been there since and just walked. As others have posted, you can easily walk anywhere on the island.

• 4 weeks later...
Caye Caulker Golf Cart Rentals on Back Street and Calle del Sol. Or C&N Rentals, down toward the airport. $US 10/hr. $US 60/day. But want to add that you can walk just about anywhere you'll need to go the whole island is only 2 miles long and most of the tourist stuff in on Front Street. It's less than 20 minutes of slow ambling walk from the split to the water taxi pier.

I live on Ambergris caye, San Pedro. much bigger than Caye Caulker. We ride bikes as our transportation. Only take a cab when bar hopping.

Not sure what you're paying Coral Breezes, but we did it on our own! It was less than $20 for the water taxi. We got off the ship, went to the water taxi place, paid, and were on our way. There's really nothing else to pay for, unless you eat or buy things.

• 5 years later...
which company did you rent the golf cart from in Caye Caulker

Thanks

Wadethegringo, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there's only 1 company renting carts now. Used to be two. One was a real scammer and I think(hope) that's the one that went out of business.

Wadethegringo, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there's only 1 company renting carts now. Used to be two. One was a real scammer and I think(hope) that's the one that went out of business.

Not sure. Never rented a cart on Caye Caulker. To easy to just walk around,