Do Carnival ships provide wheelchairs?

dhn

I have a friend going on the Carnival Dream cruise this Saturday.

Because of physical problems, she's considering taking a wheelchair from home with her for times she goes ashore during the cruise.

Can you tell me if the ship provides wheelchairs for customers in such situations so that she doesn't have to bring one from home?

Thank you.

We were recently on the Freedom. My mom has a problem walking. She can walk alittle bit but gets tired easily, she was 68 at the time. We had no problem at all. We did have to make that request ahead of time thought. It was reserved, no problem, no questions asked. When we arrived at the port, someone was there to greet us and they wheeled my mom directly to the room, by-passing everyone in line. It sounds like we were lucky according to other posts on here.

Your good experience was with BOARDING....they have wheelchairs at the port to help people board

but ..once ON board you need to rent a wheelchair you can't just count on having one available

I had a friend injured in Nassau (scooter accident) who did need a wheelchair and they provided it in that case, lucky that they had one he could use

but you should bring your own, or rent one...there is also a company/s who rent them which would be handy for people flying in

Does anyone know their rates for a regular wheelchair?

For Carevacations in Tampa the rate is $75/week. It's probably the same at all ports. They said the wheelchair would be waiting in the cabin upon boarding.

Archived