AZURA - family or adult only?

lady scout

Great Photos Rum Rat

Family is the most important thing we have:), I hope I am as fortunate as you to reach 50years married with all my family around me.

You have to work at it and realise that neither of you are perfect and accept the other's failings. Give and take.

A couple of years later http://www.myalbum.com/Album=IKAF3YLN The planning is this is to be repeated this year I think :)

Would you be happy with a supply teacher who doesn't know the children very well knowing that the teacher has gone on holiday, I am sure I wouldn't be. I did take my children out of school but only for a day or two which the school gave permission for. This was quite a few years back and things have changed in schools now.

The situation I quoted is what happened to my daughter. The class teacher did go off with 'stress' and was absent for a whole term and you're right the supply teacher was rubbish. However, I digress.....

Some people may think I'm the worst parent in the world for taking DD out of school to travel but to be honest I don't really care what they think. I know my daughter and how our travels have supplemented her education and improved her confidence. I'm really proud of the person she's growing up to be and that, for me, is the most important thing.

Debbie:)

The situation I quoted is what happened to my daughter. The class teacher did go off with 'stress' and was absent for a whole term and you're right the supply teacher was rubbish. However, I digress.....

Some people may think I'm the worst parent in the world for taking DD out of school to travel but to be honest I don't really care what they think. I know my daughter and how our travels have supplemented her education and improved her confidence. I'm really proud of the person she's growing up to be and that, for me, is the most important thing.

Lots of ""I's"".

As parents we were a ""WE"".

Lots of ""I's"".

As parents we were a ""WE"".

Mike

As I was posting I used the first person singular. I was posting on behalf of both my husband and I. However, if I was a single parent I would be posting as an I. Is there an issue with that? Do you have a prejudice against single parents?

If you're going to pick holes in my posts you'll have to try harder. C minus I'm afraid.

Mike

As I was posting I used the first person singular. I was posting on behalf of both my husband and I. However, if I was a single parent I would be posting as an I. Is there an issue with that? Do you have a prejudice against single parents?

If you're going to pick holes in my posts you'll have to try harder. C minus I'm afraid.

""WE"" are parents together. :)

Not at all Debbie. I don't think you are the worst parent in the world. We all have our own opinions. The few odd times that we have taken the children off for a day at the end of term was met with dismay and horror from them as 'this was the best fun time at school ' Daughter didn't speak to us for a full day because she had missed a netball game.:D You are right to feel proud of her.

How lovely for your son. Now this is a trip he couldn't miss and you are correct about doing it right. It is not just a cheap holiday to Spain for the parents. If I had been able to afford something like this for my children when they were young then I would have taken them off as well. We did have lots of fun caravanning though:D:D:D

I am very lucky -- thanks to some very supportive parents who put us (my brother and I) first, meaning that we were able to get great jobs and afford to support our kids and have the life that we live now...

• 2 months later...

Goodness me, I never thought for one minute that my question about children on Azura would lead to such a debate about children, holidays, and school rules! :confused:

I am writing now to say that we have now booked this cruise and I cannot wait to see the sites of Iceland :) if anyone else is booked on why not join the roll call my hubbie has started. at the moment it looks as though we are the only ones on this cruise.:)

I hope you all enjoy your chosen cruises this summer. :)

As a post script I have to say that when we had kids at home we enjoyed holidays on holiday camps or in caravans during the school holidays.

Have fun whatever you are doing - :)

This thread mentions that there are very generous child discounts - 90%.

I am looking at P & 0 for the first time and would be really grateful if you could tell me how I go about finding the child discounts? Are they just for last minute bookings?

I would like to take my 11 year old twins to Norway and would be grateful for any advice.

Many thanks

This thread mentions that there are very generous child discounts - 90%.

I am looking at P & 0 for the first time and would be really grateful if you could tell me how I go about finding the child discounts? Are they just for last minute bookings?

I would like to take my 11 year old twins to Norway and would be grateful for any advice.

Many thanks

These are often only available for a short while after the new brochure comes out in April, as there aren't that many 3 or 4 berth cabins and they can sell out quickly, particularly if the cruise is in school hols. They are listed under the price grid for each cruise as 3rd/4th person discount, or online you click on that title under the price grid. The discounts won't be that high for summer, or Xmas, but they can be very good, eg the fjords cruise on Azura in May half term this year was 90% discount and it's the same again next year. Quickest way to find out if any are left for your chosen cruise is to phone or make a dummy booking online.

We've booked western med on Azura in October (overlaps half term round here) and the kids sailed free, all we had to pay was £35 taxes each.

You need to book as early as possible though for those kind of deals~

Aurora 19th 2012 May 14nts Norway kids free adult brochure lead in £1449

Azura 2nd June 2012 7nts Norway kids 90% discount, adult brochure lead in £ 699

Ventura 20th July 2012 7nts Norway kids 40% discount, adult brochure lead in £749

Most of the rest of the school summer holiday cruises have a 40% child discount to norway

Just a couple of points:

- Sometimes P&O print a very useful separate table at the back of the brochure which lists all the cruises and the discounts available for children and 3rd/4th passengers.

- It is not always true that the 4 berth cabins sell out quickly. The most we have ever booked ahead is by 6 months (usually a lot less) and we have never had a problem getting a 4 berth cabin or a good deal. My suspicions are that the lack of availability is a myth put out by Travel Agents!

Have not been on Azura (though happily would!) but loved Ventura and are returning this year. Cannot wait!

Happy cruising.

Archived