Cave tubbing in Belize.. NCL SUN

vols_159

Has anyone been cave tubbing in Belize city..? We have plans on going while on our Cruise in March!

Yep. We booked it privately with Cave-tubing.com. Read the reviews!FANTASTIC day! You better BE-LIZE it!!!(You will only 'get' the preceding statement if you have gone tubing with them!;)

I did this several years ago with my partner, my brother, and his girlfriend when we were on the Dream. We booked it through NCL. It was a combo excursion with tubing, zip-lining, and lunch. I think we also had the option of doing just the tubing or zip-lining. Not sure if this is going to be the same location or not, but we did that on the Belize City stop. It was a lot of fun. The river was a little colder than I expected when we crossed it at one point, but the tubes were big enough that we weren't sitting in the water as we floated. I'm not sure if everyone else reacted this way, but floating through the cave was very dreamlike, almost surreal for me. Most of the way was completely dark except for the headlamps we had. It was almost like meditation until I had to flip out of the tube at the end into cold water much deeper than I expected. Definitely one of my more memorable Caribbean cruise excursions, and well worth doing.

When we went we booked through cavetubing.com It was about an hour bus ride from the port. It was a great experience but the river was down so the tubing was a little slow. We ordered lunch as part of the package. It was good but not super filling.

that is who our granddaughter and her hubby just booked with. They said the reviews were great, the price great and they are adding zip lining to the tour.

Nita

Have to put in my two cents we did not find Major Tom's cave tubing a great experience and did this feb 2nd?? off the NCL Pearl. I would not use them again but would try someone else. Could not hear our guide in the cave, really almost got hurt I think through her inexperience and felt they were too into partying I think to make it fun but they went overboard. Guides partied by themselves in the front of the bus on the way home and didn't interacte with their customers ,was quite rude.

Archived