NCL Hawaii Golf Program Valet Service

phillygirl63

We are on the Pride of America, sailing April 30th. Has anyone brought their own golf clubs and used the valet service? I was told by NCL that you can't have the clubs in your room, so you have to use the valet. The cost is $20 per week which sounds pretty reasonable to me. We are booking our own tee times, except in Kauai, and have rental car reservations.

Here are my questions:

Did it work out well and were your clubs delivered on time?

Do you put the luggage tags on the travel bag, the golf bag or both?

When the ship is tendered in Kona, do they take the clubs to the pier or do they give them to you as you board the tender boat?

What is a reasonable policy for tipping the valet?

We were on the POA in 2009. My husband used this service and was very satisfied. They were very organized and on time. He put luggage tags on both. He played on Kona at Waikoloa Village thru the ship. They take your clubs and they are on the dock when you get off the tender. The day before you play, you go to the storage area and meet the attendant and check your bag and check to see if everything is there. My husband thinks he tipped $5.00. He was at peace of mind (golfers and their clubs ha ha) with them having his clubs. Have a great time playing golf and on the ship.

Archived