Passport process times ??

letscruiseagain

We submitted our 2 kids passports renewal just over 2 weeks ago at the post

office. We hoping to book another cruise early spring. But don't wish to book

until we have passports. Anyone know about process times these days?

Thanks

I just renewed my son's today at the post office, and they told me standard time is 4-6 weeks, but he has heard from numerous people that it's only been taking about 3 weeks.

We just mailed ours off for renewal on Monday. I had a question about my photo. My glasses were slightly tinted from coming indoors but you could still see my face perfectly. Anyway, they told me that the current wait is 4-6 weeks, but I'd be happy to get it back in 3. I want to fill out the rest of my "forms" online.

Thanks

I had to renew my passport had it in a little over 2 weeks

Thanks

QUICK! LOOK!

They're in your mailbox! ;)

Just kidding. :D But if it's been two weeks, you should have them in a week. The "official" processing time is 4-6 weeks, but got both mine and DWs in three. And that was for a first time passport AND passport cards.

We got new ones for my Husband and son in December....My sons took 3 weeks, hubby's took the whole 6 weeks.

Thanks

Well the passport office must know I'm posting on this thread:D Both dh and I got emails today saying they were being processed...and reminding us that the standard turnaround time was 4- 6 weeks....Today is three weeks since I put them in the mail.

Know I have plenty of time before our April Pride cruise...but I want them NOW:):):)

I applied for a new passport and my husband renewed his from his childhood. We both went to the post office, but different locations. We had them both in-hand in 10 or 12 days (don't remember exactly). This was in January. The only funny thing is that he got his birth certificate back WITH the passport and mine came separately about a week later. Weird.

For my 16 yr old I just had to go. For my 15 yr old I had his father sign a form that i downloaded off the passport site that allowed me just to take him.

If you go to the passport site it will give you specific directions depending on age.

Yes, we both had to be present. There is a form you can download and have notarized if one of the parents absolutely cannot be present but I am not sure what reasons they accept.

Question for those of you getting brand new passports for your kids. I want to get DS6 and DS7 their passports for a cuise in October. Did both parents have to go when you dropped off the application?

Archived