How do you get OBC?

max a million

They are tricky. They will usually if not always say new bookings only. Some folks will cancel their cruise and rebook to get the lower fare or higher OBC if the booking was made far enough in advance not to trigger a penalty.

Sometimes they will lower the fare and people call NCL or the Travel Agent and negotiate an OBC to mitigate their disappointment.

I made a reservation, and for some reason on my invoice it appeared immediately - maybe senior credit? maybe return customer? I didn't ask :D

Sometimes a travel agent gives that credit, or I've seen on Expedia discounts in the form of cabin credit.

After you pay in full, check the price. If it went down, this is the best time to ask them for a credit. Sometimes I was lucky to call twice and increase the credit.

• We booked a week ago with NCL for 3 mini suites on the Gem sailing in July. We then searched online and found the same price but we also got an OBC of 325 per room and a bottle of wine per room. We called NCL and they were very nice in transfering our reservation over. We asked them if the online site we were using was ok since we hadnt heard of it before and they assured us that they have done business with them before and everything would be fine.

Archived