Triumph or Destiny?

beach410

I would like to try a different class ship, but have to stay in the 5 day range, only options I can find are Triumph and the Destiny. I havent seen many Triumph reviews and the recent Destiny bashing has me a bit worried.

Are the bathrooms really gross? Are either of this ships scheduled for make overs anytime soon? Any recent pictures of the rooms, publlic areas, pools anyone can share?

Out of these two, which do you think is in better shape?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide!

I would like to try a different class ship, but have to stay in the 5 day range, only options I can find are Triumph and the Destiny. I havent seen many Triumph reviews and the recent Destiny bashing has me a bit worried.

Are the bathrooms really gross? Are either of this ships scheduled for make overs anytime soon? Any recent pictures of the rooms, publlic areas, pools anyone can share?

Out of these two, which do you think is in better shape?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide!

I've been on both, and enjoyed both immensely. They are very similar in class. Don't let the negativity get you down, there is one particular poster with an agenda against the Destiny.

Pick one, and go find out for yourself. A cruise is what you make of it, and I haven't had a bad one yet. You can google images of each ship, or do searches on here for reviews & pictures, just take other's feedback with a grain of salt.

I can only tell you about the Destiny. I was on her 1/6-1/10. We had a great time. Yes it is an older ship with the pink bathrooms, but who cares. We had a great time, and the staff was amazing. The rooms were fine too. We had a balcony room with the bunk that comes down from the ceiling. The room was always clean, and the public areas were also always clean, or there was someone always cleaning them. Whichever you choose, have a great time.

Attached is the link to my photos. Please feel free to take a look. Enjoy!

http://travel.webshots.com/album/579534091kjdiWa

We have been on the Triumph and enyoyed it greatly the ship is in good shape and the bathrooms were fine they even has a real medicine cabinet it them and my wife could put all her stuff in there, the lido deck and other public areas were fine . We also enjoyed spending a couple af days prior to the cruise in NO. We had a good time there and ate great food.

Thanks everyone!

We love NO too!

I also read that they still have the old fashtioned tvs, ie; not flat..LOL, I dont watch tv, so this really doesnt bother me if they dont take up necessary counter space.

I wonder if either is scheduled to be updated at all.

Also, do either of these ships have a basketball court? They are sorely missed from my boys when the Fantasy removed them for their slides.

Thanks everyone!

We love NO too!

I also read that they still have the old fashtioned tvs, ie; not flat..LOL, I dont watch tv, so this really doesnt bother me if they dont take up necessary counter space.

I wonder if either is scheduled to be updated at all.

Also, do either of these ships have a basketball court? They are sorely missed from my boys when the Fantasy removed them for their slides.

We had a flat panel on the Destiny. I don't know if all of the rooms have the or not, but it was not on the dresser, it was more in front of the bed in its own little spot in a bookcase type thing. I believe that I read Destiny is scheduled for Drydock next January. I don't remember if there was a basketball court or not...sorry.

We had a flat panel on the Destiny. I don't know if all of the rooms have the or not, but it was not on the dresser, it was more in front of the bed in its own little spot in a bookcase type thing. I believe that I read Destiny is scheduled for Drydock next January. I don't remember if there was a basketball court or not...sorry.

Thanks for sharing your photos!

Maybe I will start another thread with the question about the basketball courts, they dont always show on the deck plans on the Carnival website.

there both fun ships & have the huge TV screen & bascially the same features! but on itinerary alone the 5 night eastern carrib. with Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, & Nassau is the better one too choose! the beach/ lagoon in Half Moon Cay is Dreamy! loved the power soft pink/goldish sand & clear blue water & smooth ocean bottom! no rocks, seaweed ETC. to step on!

Archived