Miami Bayside

jerrymac

We had dinner at Bubba Gumps, but we were with a group. For breakfast and lunch, we ate at the Latin American Cafe. They have tables out on the walkway so you can sit in the sun and watch the boats in the harbor.

If you like Cuban food, it's one of the best for the least price. I even checked it out with co-workers in Miami.

Check out Bayside's website, and get your visitor coupon book.

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/

I have eaten at Bubba Gumps and really like it also there is Lumbardi's (sp) at the far end which was very good right on the bay and also the Hard Rock but I have never eaten there. They also have a very large food court on the second floor and a Hooter's. Hope this helps. Linda

If you are looking to save money, go up to the second floor area above the shops....many places there selling plates full of food (Chinese, BBQ,etc.) for about $5/plate. Our bill at Bubbas' for two appetizers, four drinks and automatic gratuity was $64. Paul

We love Hooters for the food and of course, my DH loves it for the scenery! Its upstairs at Bayside and you can sit outside and the view of the rest of Bayside and Biscaye Bay is wonderful! We have eaten breakfast a couple of times upstairs in the food court and found it fine...lots of options for every meal from reasonable to expensive. There is a Hard Rock Cafe which looks great too! We have always loved Bayside and find it to be a wonderful way to get into the vacation and cruise mode. Can't imagine not going down a day before to enjoy it!

We had dinner at Bubba Gumps, but we were with a group. For breakfast and lunch, we ate at the Latin American Cafe. They have tables out on the walkway so you can sit in the sun and watch the boats in the harbor.

If you like Cuban food, it's one of the best for the least price. I even checked it out with co-workers in Miami.

Check out Bayside's website, and get your visitor coupon book.

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/

Thanks so much for the coupon book link. I hadn't seen that posted here ever! Awesome.:D

I found Bubba Gumps a one time only experience. Glad I went once, but I found the food was priced high. I won't be going back there.

We're doing the cheap and cheerful food route next time.

CityWoman

Agree about the one time experience. I sisn't htink it was all it was cracke dup to be. Just my personal preference.

I thought it was kind of cheesy (the waiters, the signs on the table and such) and the food was less than average for the price, in my opinion.

we're thinking of going to one of the local seafood chains or checking out the menu at the Cuban place. can anyone explain the difference between Cuban and Mexican food to me? DH was asking and I had no clue.

thanks!

Just north of Bayside, in the shadow of the American Airlines Arena, is Bongo's Cuban Cafe, owned by Gloria Estefan.

Back at Bayside, there is a Fat Tuesday's up on the second floor at the near end of the food court. You can get a lethal foo-foo up there. :eek:

Thanks so much for the coupon book link. I hadn't seen that posted here ever! Awesome.:D

This link is a keeper. There is a drop down for other Premier Marketplace Websites with coupon books that include New Orleans Riverwalk and the Baltimore Inner Harbor. Thank you! :D :D :D

You're welcome for the link, anything free is good! :)

From what my Cuban co-workers in Miami say, Bongo's is way overpriced and touristy. Most of them go to Bayside to the Latin American Cafe.

Cuban food is not anything like Mexican. It's not spicy at all (IMO), when I was there, I got a breaded steak covered with ham and cheese for dinner. It was good, but way too much to eat. I think it cost about $6.00 for the meal.

Breakfast was the usual American fare, except for the Cuban bread. That was different.

Have a good time and enjoy.

After you eat all that great food, take the boat ride/tour around Biscayne Bay to see all the gorgeous homes/area. We did this the day before we left on our cruise & it was so much fun. You can get your tickets & board right there @ Bayside.

The Bubba Gumps didn't wow us either at Bayside. My food was cold and had to be sent back. I've been to two other Gumps, one in San Fran. and the other in Long Beach and loved it both times.

My wife and I had breakfast at the Latin American Cafe and found the food to be decent, the prices good, but the service might be the worst we ever had. They also added a automatic gratuity of 15% which wasn't paid! I always tip 20%, even for average service(I used to be a server and a bartender so this service had to be terrible for me to leave the girl nothing)

I like the Hard Rock Cafe. Although a little pricey for a burger, the chain always seems to hit the spot. I love the rock n roll pics and records on the walls too.

How about Porao www.rodizioplace.com. If it's an adult group, this place is a great Brazillian steak house, the likes of which you won't find in very many places. BTW - I love Gump's, Hard Rock Cafe, Bongos, and everything about the Bayside Marketplace area. It's just a festive party atmosphere that gets you in the "Whoo-Hoo" mode before a cruise!

We have done the upstairs food court both times we've cruised and will probably go that route again this coming summer. Its a typical mall food court, but there is a nice selection and the food was fairly good. It is also a good choice when your group can't all decide on what type of food they want...this way EVERYONE gets what they want! We cruised with another couple in June and each one of us had a different nationality of food tht night! And as mentioned the food is very reasonable...for $6 you can easily get a full meal!

We took our food outside onto the upper balconey looking over the marina and after hussle-bussle of the day getting down to Miami that's when I really felt like we were on vacation!

After your meal, stick around for the free concert (weekends only I think.) The group we heard was playing a lot of Jimmy Buffett tunes and the crowd was up dancing...a great way to get in the mood for a Caribbean cruise! :)

We did the tour around Biscayne Bay (poster from this board recommended). It was a lot of fun and got to see beautiful homes and Fisher Island. I think it was 90 minutes and maybe $15 each. There typically is always outdoor entertainment at Bayside on the weekend. To me, it's a great place to spend the afternoon walking around and shopping and then have dinner and enjoy the band and beautiful views! While South Beach is nice, to me, if you're flying in the day before your cruise, Bayside fits the bill perfectly! Plus, you can go there the next morning to get breakfast, coffee, etc. When we were there two years ago, there was a Starbucks...it was the busiest area of Bayside! We were there on a Sunday morning and think you can get breakfast around 8 or so. We were there I think a little earlier and the food court area was just opening up.

I did the tour of Millionaire Row also. We used the coupon in the book and it cost us $6.00 each. It's fun and cheap and relaxing. We pulled up beside some dolphins in front of Rosie O'Donnell's house, cool!!

As someone previously said, nighttime at Bayside is great with all the music and people dancing.

Archived