Arawak Cay?

cardamon

Help please.:eek: I tried this a few weeks ago and got not response. Scubagirl,or anyone who has been there, are you out there?

I read the best food is at Arawak Cay and it is a great place to experience the local culture. My questions? It is worth the taxi ride and the time? Is it safe? Is the food great? Is it hard to get back to Nassau from Arawak Cay? Thank you!:confused::confused::confused:

I'm sure Scuba girl will answer you but from my personal opinion it is worth the ride there. It's not a far ride either. You can walk to the straw market and thru to the back of it and there is a bus stop there. Take the #10 and I think it's $1.25 per person - exact change or lose the rest of it. There is a big sign that says fish fry and ask the driver to drop you at Araway Cay. It's not far, cheap enough to get to, nice ride, food excellent. Bus stop right in front if I remember correctly so get the bus back the same way.

Help please.:eek: I tried this a few weeks ago and got not response. Scubagirl,or anyone who has been there, are you out there?

I read the best food is at Arawak Cay and it is a great place to experience the local culture. My questions? It is worth the taxi ride and the time? Is it safe? Is the food great? Is it hard to get back to Nassau from Arawak Cay? Thank you!:confused::confused::confused:

My personal fav is Oh Andros and Goldies.. I love seafood haven's food, but the service is just too darn slow.

Worth the trip.. It's rustic and a good slice of bahamian life.

Food is bahamian, not gourmet. Lots of fish, peas and rice, mac and cheese, fried conch and chicken.. yum.. down home cooking.. nothing fancy, but yummy,

If you're physically able - try the walk there! It's not too far at all... Myself and the boyfriend took a walk there on our last cruise and were fine. We did it leisurely, by stopping at the public beach for about an hour or so (our ship got in early) and then followed the path to the cluster of buildings that is the Fish Fry...it's directly across from a police station, so I wouldn't be worried about safety. Also, we saw the Segway guided tour people on our entire walk from the port area to the Fish Fry. We got conch fritters and cracked conch - got my fill of conch salad at our port stop in Freeport ;)

If you're physically able - try the walk there! It's not too far at all... Myself and the boyfriend took a walk there on our last cruise and were fine. We did it leisurely, by stopping at the public beach for about an hour or so (our ship got in early) and then followed the path to the cluster of buildings that is the Fish Fry...it's directly across from a police station, so I wouldn't be worried about safety. Also, we saw the Segway guided tour people on our entire walk from the port area to the Fish Fry. We got conch fritters and cracked conch - got my fill of conch salad at our port stop in Freeport ;)

Walking, can you tell me about how long it should take to get there from the port. Thank you in advance.

Walking, can you tell me about how long it should take to get there from the port. Thank you in advance.

Arawak Cay is about 20-25 minutes from the port. Don't forget, during the hot summers days.. you'll need to hydrate. The walk along the esplanade is lovely, but it's sunny and hot.

Arawak Cay is about 20-25 minutes from the port. Don't forget, during the hot summers days.. you'll need to hydrate. The walk along the esplanade is lovely, but it's sunny and hot.

Thank you. We'll be there next week, so hoping the weather will be perfect.

Archived