Ventura - Beachhouse

Patsy Flower

Hi,

Could someone please let me know if formal wear needs to be worn in the Beachhouse restaurant on formal nights?

Can you go in this restaurant in smart casual as opposed to formal wear?

Yes most people do wear smart casual on formal nights in here, this is how they get out of doing the dress code thing.

Yes most people do wear smart casual on formal nights in here, this is how they get out of doing the dress code thing.

They must have a boring evening as according to P&O they can't visit any other areas of the ship as the formal code is universal. Do they have to cover themselves with a sheet when going from their cabin to the buffet? Just in case it outrages a traditional cruiser to see them in smart casual :D

They must have a boring evening as according to P&O they can't visit any other areas of the ship as the formal code is universal. Do they have to cover themselves with a sheet when going from their cabin to the buffet? Just in case it outrages a traditional cruiser to see them in smart casual :D

We are just back from the Ventura and saw two couples being ejected from the tamarind club because they were wearing short sleeves . ;)

Only kidding you can be formal or smart casual. The only bar we saw with any restriction was the metropolis on deck 19. They had a sign out on, formal nights , that said i did see one gent in short sleeves and chino's .

This was our first formal cruise and we chose to dress formally. It is up to the individual to choose their own "dress code". We did not see P&O enforce the dress code but we did hear mutterings from other passengers , which I felt was sad as we are all on holiday to enjoy ourselves.

Not so. I sailed on Ventura twice last year (Easter and August) and can confirm that jacket and tie on formal nights is only expected in the MDRs, the White Room, (possibly) East, The Red Bar and Metropolis. Smart casual is acceptable everywhere else; the buffet and (especially) the evening diner in the Beach House are very busy those evenings with people in casual dress.

PS.The answer to your final question could be "beam me up, Mr Scott"

Hi,

Could someone please let me know if formal wear needs to be worn in the Beachhouse restaurant on formal nights?

Can you go in this restaurant in smart casual as opposed to formal wear?

However true the above comments are you will find yourself in a very small minority, as 99% of the rest of the passengers will be dressed formally.

Remember a dark suit and tie is all that is required for the gents and the ladies can wear just about anything. Although even on casual nights the ladies tend to be much smarter than the men.

:):):Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Ventura must be very different to the other ships then, on cruises we have been on, the buffets have had loads of passengers in smart casual attire - as well as some in the dress code of the day whatever it may be.

I think daiB is having a little joke with us, or I hope so.

If not perhaps it is a statement of what daiB wishes the percentage to be!.

Even P&O state that the Beachouse is a waiter service american diner in the evenings. I hardly think formal wear would be appropriate there.

wiki definition of american diner

"Like the British greasy spoon, the typical American diner serves mainly fried or grilled food, for example: fried eggs, bacon, burgers, hot dogs, hash browns, waffles, pancakes, omelettes, deep fried chicken, and sausages. These are often accompanied by baked beans, french fries, cole slaw, or toast."

I think daiB is having a little joke with us, or I hope so.

If not perhaps it is a statement of what daiB wishes the percentage to be!.

Even P&O state that the Beachouse is a waiter service american diner in the evenings. I hardly think formal wear would be appropriate there.

Me joke,

I only tell it as I have observed.

Perhaps those casually dressed steer clear of me on formal nights.

They certainly do not turn up for their free drinks from the captain.

I would expect to wear formal in all served venues.

It is only self service which is mentioned for casual wear.

Gan canny

Dai

However true the above comments are you will find yourself in a very small minority, as 99% of the rest of the passengers will be dressed formally.

Remember a dark suit and tie is all that is required for the gents and the ladies can wear just about anything. Although even on casual nights the ladies tend to be much smarter than the men.

:):):Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Not so on Ventura in December. The misinformation i.e. 99% is on a par with the statemement put about by AGW fanatics that 99% of scientists agree!!

wiki definition of american diner

"Like the British greasy spoon, the typical American diner serves mainly fried or grilled food, for example: fried eggs, bacon, burgers, hot dogs, hash browns, waffles, pancakes, omelettes, deep fried chicken, and sausages. These are often accompanied by baked beans, french fries, cole slaw, or toast."

The food in the Beachouse on Ventura was only bettered by East.

Typical menu included, stir fry,steak, pasta, seafood including tiger prawns.

Discreet waiter service and smart casual on ANY night.

Me joke,

I only tell it as I have observed.

Perhaps those casually dressed steer clear of me on formal nights.

They certainly do not turn up for their free drinks from the captain.

So if you buy a cheap suit it entitles you to free drinks from the captain? But if you buy far more expensive designer clothes you have to buy your own? Surely this would encourage the OV Pax to buy a suit if you follow the logic that they are all loutish drunks wouldn't it?

£49 M&S Polyester dinner suit = Free champagne

£330 Ted Baker Shamus Shawl collar jacket = No Free Champagne and exculsion from the Red Bar and Metropolis? :confused:

If you're not joking Dai you should be :eek:

So if you buy a cheap suit it entitles you to free drinks from the captain? But if you buy far more expensive designer clothes you have to buy your own? Surely this would encourage the OV Pax to buy a suit if you follow the logic that they are all loutish drunks wouldn't it?

£49 M&S Polyester dinner suit = Free champagne

£330 Ted Baker Shamus Shawl collar jacket = No Free Champagne and exculsion from the Red Bar and Metropolis? :Iconfused:

If you're not joking Dai you should be :eek:

Quite correct.

Anyway what is this about new clothes. After paying for all our cruises how can we afford new clothes.

I

As any sensible person will know the dress code is nothing to do with money.

You do not like it fine. But do not give people misinformation about fitting in on a p&o cruise.

Personally if p&o changed the dress code for a ship. I would still use it. I am not sure if we would go as far as ncl as we like set dining times.

Archived