Irish Citizen requiring Russian Visa

johnfrwalsh

I am sailing on the RCL Vision of the Seas from Copenhagan on May 15 2011 and I am finding it hard to get info on what I need to get a Russian visa as I would like to explore St Petersburg by my self, Is there any Irish citizen out there that has got a Russian tourist visa in the past that can help me.

I am sailing on the RCL Vision of the Seas from Copenhagan on May 15 2011 and I am finding it hard to get info on what I need to get a Russian visa as I would like to explore St Petersburg by my self, Is there any Irish citizen out there that has got a Russian tourist visa in the past that can help me.

Sorry can't help you

I hope you speak Russian because this is not a good idea at all I'm afraid. Not to diss your ideas but are you aware of how difficult it is to do this? Taxis are not allowed in the port so it is about a mile walk before you can even start. They will not speak English so I'm not sure how you are going to communicate and barter a price. If you want to avoid the herds why not book a private tour with one of the known Russian guides, (alla-tour.com, den rus, red october....) all of whom will handle the visa for you. You can join a tour with your roll call or you can book a private tour.

This site will help you

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192

We personally used alla-tour and cannot recommend her highly enough

Hi John, I totaly agree with Albert, not to be done solo. Our last Cruise was to Russia aboard the Jewel. We joined the Forum relating to the Cruise and managed to get in with some great people, doing a Private Tour. The Russian Tour Company used was SPB Tours and I would give them 10/10. Diane

Archived