Bacardi Factory Tour

ynks09

Just took the Bacardi tour about a month ago. It involved a 30 minute van ride to the site. When we arrived, we were given tickets for rum drinks at an open-air bar area and had to wait there or in the gift shop for about 45 minutes until our group was able to take the tour. You see a 15 minute movie and then the tour takes you through a 3-4 room model of the original factory in Cuba while the guide tells you the history - which essentially repeats what was covered in the movie. Another 30 minutes to get back - - and the trip is on a 4-lane highway so it isn't as though you see much of San Juan. Unless you are really interested in Bacardi, I just couldn't recommend the tour. I felt that I'd much rather have spent the time in Old San Juan, even though I'd been there before. I felt it was a lot of waiting around for not much payoff.

This tour was boooring. I usually like this kind of tour, but find something else to do...IMO.

Did you do the tour on your own or did you go through the cruise line?

I just went too and we did it on own own. When we left the pier we saw a lot of people waiting for the cruise line Bacardi tour...waiting a lot can make any tour boring.

Do it on your own. I really enjoyed it. It's not an all day thing so you still have time to explore other places.

-Heather

Did it on our own and once was enough. You do not see the actual factory you see a tourist set up. As previously stated take the ferry.

Exactly...it was disappointing that we didn't see the actual factory. We did it on our own as well.

Archived