Sapphire Beach- and what else?

Summer35

Hi,

we are travelling with RCCL in April to St. Thomas, and i am note sure what to do there. Taking a tour with RCCL or on our own? We want to got to Sapphire Beach or Magens Bay in the morning. But what to do then? Want to see as much as possible...prob Coral World ...but no shopping

Any ideas, how to manage this?

Thanks,

Summer

Hi,

we are travelling with RCCL in April to St. Thomas, and i am note sure what to do there. Taking a tour with RCCL or on our own? We want to got to Sapphire Beach or Magens Bay in the morning. But what to do then? Want to see as much as possible...prob Coral World ...but no shopping

Thanks,

Summer

We took a tour with Airforce 1 Papa Bear. We booked Package 1 which included a sightseeing tour of the island as well as a beach stop. We had a choice of Sapphire, Coki or Magens. We chose to go to Sapphire Beach, so that is where he took us. Time for shopping was not a scheduled part of this tour, but if you want to go shopping, he will drop you off in Charlotte Amalie at the end of the tour--otherwise he will take you directly back to the ship. If you would prefer to spend more time at the beach, he has a beach lovers tour (Package 3), which includes beach stops at Coki (that's where Coral World is located) and Sapphire Beach.

If you think this is something you would want to do in St. Thomas, we highly recommend the services of Papa Bear. Not only is he an excellent tour guide but his rates are very reasonable.

I have written a detailed review with photos and put together a youtube video of our day with Papa Bear. If this is of interest to you, you can check this out at these links:

My review (posts #37-40):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1038334&page=2

My youtube video:

Hi,

Thanks,

Summer

Just find a taxi/open air van to take you to the beach that you choose. We chose Sapphire and that taxi stopped first at Magens Bay to drop others off first, so if we changed our mind after seeing the bay then we could've.

If you are going to Coral World, then stay and hang out at Coki Beach. Admission to CW is $19 adult and $10 kids - but there are lots of feedings and opps to do hands-on. Also has lockers, washroom, and showers. I have seen taxi prices as low as $6 pp one way. A group might be cheaper. Great to swim or snorkel. If you have a towel, you don't need to rent a chair. There was shade at the end closer to CW.

If you have been to St Thomas before take the time and venture over to St John. Does not cost that much more and it will give you a real feel for a non tourist island as it is meant to be!

I agree...if you've toured St. Thomas before...

We took a tour with Airforce 1 Papa Bear. We booked Package 1 which included a sightseeing tour of the island as well as a beach stop. We had a choice of Sapphire, Coki or Magens. We chose to go to Sapphire Beach, so that is where he took us. Time for shopping was not a scheduled part of this tour, but if you want to go shopping, he will drop you off in Charlotte Amalie at the end of the tour--otherwise he will take you directly back to the ship. If you would prefer to spend more time at the beach, he has a beach lovers tour (Package 3), which includes beach stops at Coki (that's where Coral World is located) and Sapphire Beach.

If you think this is something you would want to do in St. Thomas, we highly recommend the services of Papa Bear. Not only is he an excellent tour guide but his rates are very reasonable.

I have written a detailed review with photos and put together a youtube video of our day with Papa Bear. If this is of interest to you, you can check this out at these links:

My review (posts #37-40):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1038334&page=2

My youtube video:

We really enjoyed our time with Papa Bear when on St. Thomas too. He's fun and makes it an easy day. We did the tour and beach. Great day!

If you have been to St Thomas before take the time and venture over to St John. Does not cost that much more and it will give you a real feel for a non tourist island as it is meant to be!

Good idea, didn't even think of that. We did the St. Thomas tour last year with Magen's and were thinking to just go to Sapphire Beach this year.

Good idea, didn't even think of that. We did the St. Thomas tour last year with Magen's and were thinking to just go to Sapphire Beach this year.

We rented a car just out side the port and the car, ferry ride was a $100 day. Better than any tour we have been on. St Johns is unbelieveable. Some people we meet on the ship said they did it with a Taxi for about $40 per person.

Archived