Now What?

nevadabadgirl

Print out docs, funpass, and luggage tags.

Double check, triple check location and visual inspection of passports or BC's whichever you're using as ID.

One last pre-cruise party with food and drinks to discuss if anything has been left out.

The waiting...is the hardest part!! :D

According to Tom Petty anyway ;)

When we first started cruising, I had no clue you could simply pay a deposit and worry about it later. We were always completely paid from day 1, so I waited, and waited, and waited, and researched, and researched, and obsessed, and researched more, then obsessed more, then waited... then obsessed while driving to the port that I had all the documents. It doesn't end until I have that first DOTD in my hand.

I waited, and waited, and waited, and researched, and researched, and obsessed, and researched more, then obsessed more, then waited... then obsessed while driving to the port that I had all the documents. It doesn't end until I have that first DOTD in my hand.

I agree. I drive my husband crazy and don't calm down until I'm onboard.

While waiting, it spend a lot of time on CC, research ports, gather info on the ship, pick up odd and ends (especially at the dollar store), make lots of lists, download cruise music to take with us, check out Bon Voyage items for purchase, maybe buy some new clothes, make sure DH's clothes are cleaned and pressed, line up grandma to watch the kids, and generally drive everyone crazy talking non-stop about cruising! :D

Is John really behind in requests? Maybe place another request?

One of the Stephanie's gathers them all on Fridays, gets them to John on Mondays, who sends them to the individual ships, the confirmation will come from the ship. I would give it at least two weeks before sending a second request.

:D

My son took care of his own tux rental, so we are good there. I'd be nuts if I had 200+ days. 91 is killing me :D

Just to clarify, this is the 5th cruise I have booked and the first I have ever paid off and will probably get to go. I booked 2 with my parents, who both passed away, so we cancelled. I booked one with my son and then he got sick = cancelled. I booked 2 other times and my financial situation changed cancelled....Yes, I buy trip insurance :D ...so now I am more than ready for my 1st vacation in over 3 years!

Archived